|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The
Katyuri dynasty was of Kuninda origin and was founded by Vashudev
Katyuri. Originally, from Joshimath,
during their reign they dominated lands of varying extent from the
‘Katyur’ (modern day Baijnath) valley in Kumaon, between the 7th and
centuries AD, and established their capital at Baijnath in Bageshwar
district; which was then known as Kartikeyapura and lies in the centre
of ‘Katyur’ valley. At its peak, the Katyuri kingdom extended from
Nepal in the east to Kabul, Afghanistan in the west, before fragmenting
into numerous principalities by the 12th century. They were displaced
by the Chand Kings in the 11th century AD. Askote was founded
in the 13th century by a branch of the Katyuri Kings. Became a part of
British India by the treaty of Singhauli in 1816. Rulers were…..
- Emperor Brahm Deo
Kings, married and had issue.
- Rajwar Abhay Pal Deo, founder of Askote (continued
- Raika Niranjan Malla Deo, founder of Dhoti in Nepal.
- Rulers of Baijnath-Katyuri
- Rulers of Dwarahat
- Rulers of Baramandal
- Rulers of Sira
- Rulers of Sora
- Rulers of Sui (Kali kumaon)
- Rajwar ABHAY PAL DEO
1279/- , he adopted the surname of
Pal; married and had issue.
- Rajwar Nirbhay Pal (qv)
- Kunwar Alakh Deo, he led an army into the plains of
north-eastern Uttar Pradesh, and established his capital in Mahuli in
1305; married and had issue .
- Kunwar Tilak Deo
- Rajwar NIRBHAY PAL
- Rajwar BHARAT PAL
- Rajwar BHAIRON PAL
- Rajwar BHU PAL
- Rajwar RATAN PAL
- Rajwar SHANKHA PAL
- Rajwar SHYAM PAL
- Rajwar SAI PAL
- Rajwar SURJAN PAL
- Rajwar BHOJ PAL
- Rajwar BHARAT PAL
- Rajwar STUTI PAL
- Rajwar ACHHAV PAL
- Rajwar TRILOK PAL
- Rajwar SURYA PAL
- Rajwar JAGAT PAL
- Rajwar PRAJA PAL
- Rajwar RAI PAL -/1588, died 1588.
- Rajwar MAHENDRA PAL 1588/- , born 1588,
- Rajwar JAIT PAL
- Rajwar BIRBAL PAL
- Rajwar AMAR PAL
- Rajwar ABHAY PAL
- Rajwar UCHHAB PAL,
Rajwar of Askote 1742/-, married three wives by whom he had
- Rajwar Bijay Pal (eldest son) (qv)
- Rajkumar Rudra Pal, married and had issue. He died after
- Kunwar Mokam Singh
- Kunwar Prithwi Singh
- Kunwar Sarbjit Singh, their descendants subsequently
moved to the villages of
Muani and Rawalkhet, where they still live.
- Rajwar BIJAY PAL,
Rajwar of Askote, married and had issue.
- Rajwar MAHENDRA PAL,
Rajwar of Askote, married and had issue. He died after
- Rajwar Bahadur Pal (qv)
- Kunwar Cheem Singh, he lived in Askote at a place called
- Kunwar Tej Singh
- Kunwar Lakshman Singh
- Kunwar Himmat Singh, the other sons moved to the villages
of Bagrihart and
where their descendants continue to live.
- Rajwar BAHADUR PAL,
Rajwar of Askote -/1871, married and had issue. He died
- Rajwar PUSHKAR PAL,
Rajwar of Askote 1871/- , born 1843, Honourary Magistrate, married and had
- Rajwar GAJENDRA PAL,
Rajwar of Askote -/1929, married and had issue. He died
- Kunwar Bhupendra Pal, died sp in 1924.
- Rajwar Bikram Bahadur Pal (qv)
- Kunwar Jung Bahadur Pal
- Kunwar Mandhata Pal, married and had issue.
- Sri Rani Bindu Devi, married General Sri Arjun Shumsher
Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal (see Lambjung and Kaski).
- Kunwar Ram Bahadur Pal
- Kunwar Jeet Bahadur Pal
- Rajwar BIKRAM BAHADUR PAL,
Rajwar of Askote 1929/1939, married Rani
Tribhuwaneswari Devi, daughter of
the Shri Prabhu Jung Bahadur Singh of Bajhang in
Western Nepal, and had
issue. He died
- Rajwar Tikendra Bahadur Pal (qv)
- Kunwar Hariraj Singh Pal
- Kunwar Chitravan Singh Pal
- Rajwar TIKENDRA BAHADUR
PAL, Rajwar of Askote 1939/2000, married a daughter
of HH Maharaja Chandraveer Singhji of Banswara,
issue. He died November
- Rajwar Bhanuraj Singh Pal (qv)
- Rajwar BHANURAJ SINGH PAL
- Rani Narendar
Kanwar, married (as his second wife), Rao Bahadur Thakur Shivnath
Singhji of Bera, and had issue.
- Unknown, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Kharak Singh Pal
- Rani Rani Yashoda Devi, married Shri Bir Jung Shah of
Nepal, and had issue.
- Kanwarani Sushila Devi, born 1910, married Kanwar
Shankar Singh of Koti, and had