|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
- Peshwa Baji Rao I [Baji Rao Vishwanath Bhatt] 1719/1740,
born 18th August 1699, is said to have fought over 36 battles without
losing one, he moved the administrative capital of the Maratha Empire
Satara to the new city of Pune in 1728; married (a) Rani Kashibai,
married (b), Rani Radhabai, and had
issue, as well as issue by his mistress, Mastani Begum Sahiba. He died
25th April 1740 and was cremated on 28th April 1740 at Raverkhed on the
- Peshwa Balaji Baji Rao [Nana Saheb] (by Rani Radhabai)
- Peshwa Raghunath Rao (see Peshwa)
- Shrimant Janardan Rao, died young.
- Shrimant Sadashiv Rao, died 14th January 1761.
- Nawab Shamsher Bahadur I of Banda (by Mastani) (qv)
- Nawab Shamsher Bahadur I, Nawab of Banda, born
1734, married and had issue. He died 14th January 1761 in Bharatpur Raj.
- Nawab Ali Bahadur I, Nawab of Banda 1790/1802, born 1758,
married and had
died 28th August 1802.
- Nawab Shamsher Bahadur II (qv)
- Nawab Zulfikar Ali (qv)
- [?Raja Jagat Bahadur fl.1833]
- Nawab Shamsher Bahadur II, Nawab of Banda 1802/1823, born
- Nawab Zulfikar Ali Bahadur, Nawab of Banda 1823/1849,
born 1800, married and had issue. He died 1849.
- Nawab Ali Bahadur II (qv)
- Nawab Ali Bahadur II, Nawab of Banda 1849/1858, born 1835,
and had issue, three sons. He died 1873.
Shamsher Bahadur III (qv)
Shamsher Bahadur III, Nawab of Banda 1873/1923, born 1873, died 1923.
- Nawab Ahsaan Ali Bahadur, Nawab of Banda 1923/1971, born
1889, died 1971.
Saif Ali Bahadur, Nawab of Banda 1971/1974, born 1890, died 1974 in