|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The
state was founded in 1707. Rulers were…
- Nawab DOST MUHAMMED KHAN,
1st Nawab of Bhopal 1707/1728,
born 1672 in
Tirah, son of Sardar Nur Muhammed Khan, educated privately, he was
titles of Nawab and Diler Jang in 1717, by the Mughal Emperor, married
(amongst others) 1stly, Mehraj Bibi, married 2ndly, Fatah Bibi, married
4thly, Taj Bibi (née Jai Kunwar), and had issue, six sons and
He died in March 1728.
- Nawab Yar Muhammed Khan (qv)
- Nawabzada Sultan Nuhammed Khan,
and had issue.
- Sahibzada Murid Muhammed Khan, married
and had issue.
- Nawab Haidar Muhammed Khan, founder of Pathari.
- Nawabzada Sardar Muhammed Khan
- Nawabzada Fazil Muhammed Khan,
married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Sharif Muhammed Khan,
married and had issue.
- Nawab Wazir Muhammed Khan (qv)
- Nawabzada Wazil Muhammed Khan,
married Izzat Begum,
and had issue.
- Bahu Begum (née Saleha
Begum), married her
cousin, Nawab Faiz Muhammed Khan. She died sp.
- Nawabzada Khan Bahadur Muhammed
- Nawab YAR MUHAMMED KHAN,
2nd Nawab of Bhopal 1728/1742,
born 1709, installed
30th August 1728, married (amongst others), Mamola Bai, born 1715, she
in 1795, and had issue. He died 1742, buried at Islamnagar.
- Nawab Faiz Muhammed Khan (qv)
- Nawab Hayat Muhammed Khan (qv)
- Nawabzada Saeed Muhammed Khan
- Nawabzada Husain Muhammed Khan
- Nawabzada Yasin Muhammed Khan,
- Moti Begum
- Nawab FAIZ MUHAMMED KHAN,
3rd Nawab of Bhopal 1742/1777,
born 1731, moved
the capital from Islamnagar to Bhopal, married his cousin, Bahu Begum
Saleha Begum). He died sp on 12th December 1777.
- Nawab HAYAT MUHAMMED KHAN,
4th Nawab of Bhopal 1777/1807,
born 1734, installed
3rd January 1778, married (amongst others), Asmat Begum, died 30th
1797, and had issue. He died 17th November 1807.
- Nawab Ghous Muhammed Khan (qv)
- Nawab GHOUS MUHAMMED KHAN,
5th Nawab of Bhopal 1807/1826,
born 1767, married
(amongst others), Zeenat Begum, died 1827, and had issue, 65 children.
He died 1826.
- Nawabzada Moiz Muhammed Khan (by
- Nawab Faujdar Muhammed Khan (by
Zeenat Begum) (qv)
- Nawab Sultan Qudsia Begum
(by Zeenat Begum) (qv)
- Nawab WAZIR MUHAMMED KHAN,
6th Nawab of Bhopal 1807/1816,
born 1766, Diwan
of Bhopal, Commander-in-Chief of the Bhopal Army, Nawab of Bhopal in
to Nawab Ghous Muhammed Khan, married and had issue. He died 16th March
1816, buried at Bara Bagh.
- Nawabzada Amir Muhammed Khan,
sister of Asad Ali Khan of Basoda, and had issue. He died 1854.
- Nawab Munir Muhammed Khan (qv)
- Nawab Jahangir Muhamnmed Khan
- Nawab Nazar Muhammed Khan (qv)
- Nawab NAZAR MUHAMMED KHAN,
7th Nawab of Bhopal 1816/1819,
born 1791, married
1817, Nawab Sultan Qudsia Begum, born 1801, died 1881, and had issue.
died 19th November 1819.
- Nawab Sultan Sikander Begum (qv)
- Nawab MUNIR MUHAMMED KHAN,
8th Nawab of Bhopal 1819/1827,
- Nawab Sultan Kudsiyya Begum,
9th Nawab Begum of Bhopal
1819/1837, born 1801,
married Nawab Nazar Muhammed Khan (see above), and had issue. She died
- Nawab JAHANGIR MUHAMMED
KHAN, 10th Nawab of Bhopal
1837/1844, born 1816,
installed 29th November 1837, married 18th April 1835, Nawab Sultan
Begum, born 1818, died 30th November 1868 (see below), and had issue.
- HH Nawab Sultan Shah Jehan Begum
- Nawabzada Dastgir Muhammed Khan
- Nawab FAUDJAR MUHAMMED KHAN,
11th Nawab of Bhopal 1844/1847
born 1811, died after 1847.
- Nawab Sultan Sikander Begum,
12th Nawab Begum of Bhopal
1847/1868, born 1818,
married Nawab Jahangir Muhammed Khan (see above), and had issue. She
30th November 1868.
- HH Nawab Sultan Shah Jehan
Begum, 13th Nawab Begum of Bhopal
3rd July 1838, married 1stly, 18th July 1855, Sardar Bakshi Baqi
Khan, died June 1867, married 2ndly, 8th May 1871, Nawab Wala Jah Amin
ul-Mulk Syed Siddiq Hasan Khan, born 14th October 1832 at Bareilly,
26th May 1890 and had issue. She died 16th June 1901.
- HH Nawab Sultan Jahan Begum (by
- Nawabzadi Suleiman Jahan, born
- HH Nawab Sultan Jahan Begum,
14th Nawab Begum of Bhopal 1901/1926
29th April 1926), born 9th July 1858, G.C.S.I. [cr.1910], G.C.I.E.
G.B.E. (civil) [cr.1918], C.I., a Donat of the Order of St John of
married on 1st February 1875, Nawab Ihtisham ul-Mulk Sultan Daulah
Khan of Jalalabad, born 1854, died December 1901, and had issue. She
12th May 1930.
- Nawabzadi Bilqis Jahan, born 25th
October 1875, died
- Nawabzada Hafiz Muhammed Nasirullah Khan Bahadur,
born 4th December 1876, married 17th January 1902, Qaisar Dulhan, and
issue. He died 3rd September 1924.
- Sahibzada Habibullah Muhammed
married 1stly, Nawab
Jan, married 2ndly, Feroza Dulhan Begum.
- Sahibzada Rafiqullah Muhammed
- Sahibzadi Noor Jehan Begum
- Gen. Nawabzada Hafiz Muhammed
Khan Bahadur, born 3rd November 1878, C.S.I. [cr. xx.6.1912], privately
educated under the supervision of his mother; A.D.C. to His Excellency
the Viceroy; Commander-in-Chief of the armies of the Bhopal State, a
Colonel of the
Imperial Service Troops of Bhopal and an Honorary Captain of the
British Forces; Trustee of the M.A.O College, Aligarh; married 17th
Shaharyar Dulhan, and had issue. He died 24th March 1924.
- Sahibzadi Birjis Jahan
- Sahibzada Wahid Muhammed Khan,
married 1924, Sheher
Banu Begum, died 1924. He died sp 1924.
- Sahibzada Sayeed Muhammad uz-Zuffur Khan, married
Nawabzadi Shahnoor Jehan Begum, daughter of Maj. Meherban Nawab Abdu’l
Majid Khan II Diler Jang
Bahadur, Nawab of Savanur, and his
wife, Nawab Khaliqunnissa Begum, and had issue.
- Sahibzadi Enver Zia Sultana, married Shri Mahendra
Mathur, son of Shri Amarnath Mathur, and
has issue, three children.
- Sahibzada Rashid Muhammed Khan
- Nawabzadi Asif Jahan, born 5th
- Col. HH Nawab Hamidullah Khan (qv)
- Col. HH Nawab
HAMIDULLAH KHAN, 15th Nawab of Bhopal 1926/1960 , G.C.S.I.
[cr.1932], G.C.I.E. [cr.1929], C.S.I. [cr.1921], C.V.O. [cr.1922], born
9th September 1894, educated at Bhopal and Muhammadan Anglo-Oriental
Aligarh (graduated 1905) and later at Allahabad University (BA Law
appointed President of Board of Bhopal Municipality 1914/-, Ch. Sec.
Government 1916, Finance Minister Bhopal, Hon. A.D.C. to the Viceroy of
1922, A.D.C. to HRH the Prince of Wales 1922, married 1stly, 5th
1905, HH Maimuna Sultan Shah Banu Begum Sahiba, born 1900, died 1982,
married 2ndly, about 1948, Aftab Jahan, and had issue. He died 4th
1960 at Bhopal.
- Nawab Gauhar-e-Taj Abida Sultan
28th August 1913, Pakistani Ambassador to Brazil, President of the
Council, Muslim League, married 1933 (separated 1934), HH Nawab Sarwar
Ali Khan of Kurwai, and had issue. She
11th May 2002 in Karachi.
- HH Nawab Begum Mehr-e-Taj Sajjida
- Nawabzadi Taj Dulhan Qamar-e-Taj
Rabia Sultan, born
21st November 1916, married Agha Mirza, and had issue. She died April
- Nawabzada Nasir Mirza, married
and has issue.
- Sahibzadi Faiza Sultan, born 1945, married
khan, and has
- HH Nawab Begum Mehr-e-Taj
Sultan, 16th Nawab Begum of Bhopal 1960/- ,
born 4th August 1915, married 1938, Nawab Muhammed Iftikhar Ali Khan of
and had issue, one son and three daughters.
Mansur Ali Khan, Nawab of
- HH Nawab
Begum Saleha Sultan (qv)
- Nawabzadi Qudsia Sultaan Begum Saheba
- Nawabzadi Sabiha Sultaan Begum Saheba
- HH Nawab Begum Saleha Sultan (see
- Capt. Israr Mohammad Khan Sahib
from the founder of Bhopal, born 1890, Sahib Bahadur [cr.1931], ADC to
the Nawab of Bhopal in 1937, awarded the Coronation Medal in 1937,
and had issue.
- Hafiz Mohammad Khan
- Aziz Mohammad Khan, educated at
- Anwar Mohammad Khan, educated at
- Ahrar Mohammad Khan
- Sardar Muazzam Mohammed Khan, born
1894, educated in Bhopal, cousin of Nawab Iftikhar Ali Khan of Jaora on