|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
in the 16th century by Rao Gopalji fl.1550, 4th son of Raja Prithviraj
Singhji I of Jaipur. Rulers were…
- Rao GOPAL SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu fl.1550, married
and had issue.
- Thakur NATHU SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu, founder of
- Thakur KARAN SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu
- Thakur MOHAN SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu fl.1728
- Thakur JODH SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu fl.1760
- Thakur RAGHUNATH SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu
- Thakur RANJIT SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu fl.1800, married and had issue.
Udai Kanwar, married (as his first wife) Thakur Bakhtawar Singhji of Auwa, and had issue, one daughter.
- Thakur KISHAN SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu fl.1814, married 1stly, 1804, Thakurani
Bakhtawar Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Umed Singhji of Geejgarh,
and his first wife, Thakurani Chand
Kanwar, married 2ndly, 1826, Thakurani Sher Kanwar, daughter of Thakur
Mohabbat Singh of Charla (see Bidasar),
and had issue.
- Thakur LAKSHMAN SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu -/1862, son of
the Rawal of Samode,
Prime Minister of Jaipur, Fauj Musahib and Prime Minister; married and
had adoptive issue. He died sp 1862.
- (A) Rao Bahadur Thakur Govind Singh
- Rao Bahadur Thakur GOVIND
Bahadur, Thakur Saheb of Chomu
born 1849, son of Thakur Shivdan Singh of Ajairajpura, Member of the
State Council 1881/-, he was granted the titles of Bahadur by
Jaipur Darbar and Rao Bahadur by the British Government in 1889, he
adopted his nephew, Kunwar Devi Singh, son of Thakur Anand Singh of
Ajairajpura; married and had adoptive issue. He
died sp 1900.
- (A) Thakur Devi Singh Bahadur (qv)
- Thakur DEVI SINGHJI Bahadur,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu 1900/aft 1931, born
1876 as Kunwar Devi Singh, second son of Thakur Anand Singh of
Ajairajpura, educated at Mayo
Ajmer and Maharajas’ College, Jaipur; appointed Member of the State
in 1901, awarded a Sword of Honour for meritorious service in WWI,
Member of the State Council in 1925/1931, married (amongst others),
Thakurani Karamsotji of Thikana Khimsar in Jodhpur, and had issue, ten
sons and five daughters.
- Kunwar Sangram Singh (eldest son), adopted to Samode and
succeded there as Rawal Sangram Singhji of Samode.
- Thakur Raj Singh (second son) (qv)
- Major Thakur Durga Das (third son), married
Sobhagya Laxmi, and had issue, two sons and three daughters.
- Baisa Sarla Kumari
- Baisa Urmila Kumari
- Thakur Vikram Singh (qv)
- Thakur Rajendra Singh, worked as an Engineer with
Gestetner Ind Ltd.; married 2nd March 1971 in Jagir Raigaon, M.P.,
Thakurani Shrimati Vibha Singh, and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Kumari Lekha Baisa
- Kunwar Kuldeep Singh
- Baisa Nirmala Kumari
- Kunwar Bhawani Singh (fourth son), adopted to Renwal and
succeded there as Thakur Bhawani Singhji of Renwal.
He died 1937.
- Lt.-Gen. Thakur Umrao Singh, married and had issue.
- Baisa Vijay Kumari, married Thakur Dhirendra Singh
Bist, and has issue.
- Kunwarani Ketaki Singh, married Kunwar
Dushyant Singh, and has issue, one son and one daughter (see Rawatsar).
- General Thakur Bhagwati Singhji, married Thakurani Mohan
Kumari, daughter of the Apji Sahib of Kunadi in Kotah, by his wife, a
daughter of Raja Ram Singhji of Rampura,
and his second wife, and had issue.
- Baisa Lalith Kumari, married Kunwar Vijay Katoch, and
- Admiral (ret’d.) Thakur Madhvendra Singh, married
Thakurani Kumudh Kumari, born 1945, daughter of Maharajkumar Balendu
Shah of Tehri-Garhwal, and has
- Kunwar Brighu Singh
- Baisa Piyusha Kumari
- Baisa Sharda Kumari
- Baisa Girija Kumari, married Kunwar Sadan Kunwar Singh,
- Thakur Bhagirath Singh
- Thakur Bharat Singhji, married Thakurani Prabhuraj Kumari
of Thikana Deoral in Gujarat, and had issue.
- Col. Thakur Jitendra Singhji Nathawat, born 25th
September 1952 in Jaipur, graduated from Sanik School, Chittorgarh,
N.D.A.I.M.A., in 1972 he was commissioned into the Armoured
Corps in 45 Cavalary and later transferred to 82 Arm’d Regt., retired
in 2006 with the rank of Colonel; presently running a heritage hotel by
the name of Bharat
Mahal Palace; married 13th March 1974 in Siriyari Pali, Rajasthan,
Thakurani Lalita Kumari, second daughter of Thakur Dalpat Singh of
Thikana Siriyari Pali in Rajasthan,
his wife, Thakurani Shubh Kanwar, and has issue.
- Maj. Kunwar Aditya Singh, married Kunwarani Rukshmani
Kumari, daughter of Thakur Mansinhji Pratapsinhji Vaghela of Deodar,
Banaskantha in Gujarat and has
issue, one son.
- Bhanwar Prithviraj Singh Nathawat
- Maj. Kunwar Siddharth Singh, married Kunwarani
Chandima Kumari, daughter of Col. Kunwar Yogendra Singh of Bassi in
Mewar, Rajasthan, and has issue, one son.
- Bhanwar Abhimanyu Singh Nathawat
- Kanwarani Urvashi Kumari, married Kanwar Mayank
Shekhar Singh, son of Thakur K. P. Singhji of Tikri in Uttar Pradesh,
and has issue, one daughter.
- Thakur Janak Singhji (eighth son), married and had issue,
five sons and one daughter.
- Colonel Thakur Mahindra Singh, married and has issue,
one son and one daughter.
- Kunwar Somendra Singh, married and has issue.
- Colonel Thakur Virendra Singh, married Thakurani Nirmal
Kumari, daughter of Bhanwar Samar Singh of Banera,
and his wife, Bhanwarani
Kumari, and has issue.
- Major Kunwar Mayurdwaj Singh, married and has issue.
- Group Captain Bhartendra Singh, married and has issue,
- Captain Kunwar Bhanupratap Singh
- Thakur Pushpendra Singh
- Thakur Gunvendra Singh, married and had issue.
- Thakurani Jaikirti Kumari, married Brigadier Thakur
Pratap Singhji V.S.M., A.D.C. of Neemaj,
and has issue, two sons and one daughter.
- Thakur Mandhata Singh (by Thakurani Karamsotji), born in
Jaipur, graduated from Mayo College, Ajmer; married Thakurani Virendra
Kanwar of Kalung, Rajasthan, and had issue, four children.
- Thakur Dalip Singh Nathawat
- Baisa Damanti Kumari
- Thakur Arjun Singh Nathawat
- Thakur Raghuvir Singh Nathawat
- Baisa Budh Kumari
- Baisa Raj Kumari
- Baisa Navnidhi Kumari [Rani Navnidhi Kumari of Palaitha],
married Apji Ajit Singhji of Palaitha,
and had issue,
two sons and two daughters.
- Baisa Ridhisidhi Kumari
- Baisa Laxmi Kumari
- Thakur RAJ SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu
- Maharani Nathawatiji of Chomu, married (as his first wife),
Maharaja Rana Prithvi Singhji of Jhalawar,
and had issue, one daughter.