|Predecessors and Short History: The
state was founded
in 1728, when the two sons of Raja Kaloji received from Baji Rao Peshwa
the grant of the Dewas State in common. The Raja maintains a military
force of 79 cavalry, 166 infantry, and 6 guns, and is entitled to a
salute of 15 guns (in 1893). Rulers were….
- Raja Kaloji, married and had issue.
- Raja Tukojirao I Kaloji Puar, Raja of Dewas Senior (qv)
- Raja Jivajirao I Kaloji Puar, Raja of Dewas Junior (qv)
- Raja JIVAJIRAO KALOJI PUAR,
1st Raja of Dewas-Junior 1728/1774, died 15th August 1774.
- Raja SADASHIVRAO I PUAR,
2nd Raja of Dewas-Junior 1774/1790, died 2nd December 1790.
- Raja RUKMANGADRAO PUAR,
3rd Raja of Dewas-Junior 1790/1817
- Raja ANANDRAO PUAR,
4th Raja of Dewas-Junior 1817/1840, he adopted his successor in 1837,
married and had adoptive issue.
- (A) Raja Haibatrao
Anandrao Puar (qv)
- Raja HAIBATRAO ANANDRAO
5th Raja of Dewas-Junior 1840/1864, married and had issue. He died 1864.
- HH Raja Narayanrao Haibatrao [Dada Saheb] Puar (qv)
- HH Raja NARAYANRAO
SAHEB] PUAR, 6th Raja of Dewas-Junior 1864/1892, born 20th
succeeded 8th August 1864 (#1),
educated at Daly College, Indore, he rendered good service during the
Mutiny, married and had adoptive issue. He
died 19th January 1892.
- (A) HH Maharaja Sir Malharrao [Baba Saheb] Puar
- HH Maharaja Sir MALHARRAO
[BABA SAHEB] PUAR, 7th Maharaja of Dewas-Junior 1892/1934,
K.C.S.I. [cr.1917], born 18th August 1877, adopted by his uncle in
January 1892; educated at Daly College, Indore; succeeded 23rd May
formally invested with ruling powers in November 1897; he was granted
the K.I.H. Gold Medal in June 1912; married (unequally) Shrimant
Bai Saheba, and had issue, not in line of succession. He
4th February 1934.
- Maharajkumar Martand Rao Puar, born 1919, died 1951 in
- Maharajkumari Shashiprabha (Wallia)
- HH Maharaja SADASHIVRAO II
[KHASE SAHEB] PUAR, 8th Maharaja of Dewas-Junior 1934/1943, born
2nd December 1943
- HH Maharaja Sir
YESHWANTRAO [BHAU SAHEB] PUAR, 9th and last Maharaja of
Dewas-Junior 1943/1965, born
married 1942, HH Maharani Menaka Devi, daughter of HH Maharaja Jitendra
Narayan Bhup Bahadur of Cooch
Behar, and his wife, HH Maharani Indira Devi, and had issue, two
daughters. He died 1965.
- Maharajkumari Udaya Raje Puar [Princess Pixie], born
1950, married Raja
Rudendra Bikram Singh of Payagpur.
- Maharajkumari Durga Raje Puar