|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Founded
in 1774, when
Thakur Shyam Singh of Pokhran defeated the Chauhan
Rajputs of Geejgarh in battle, and established his authority there.
- Thakur SHYAM SINGH,
Thakur of Geejgarh 1774/1793, born 1743 as the younger son
of Rajshri Thakur Devi Singhji of Pokhran,
and his wife, Thakurani Sodhiji Ram Kanwar; he defeated the Chauhan
Rajputs of Geejgarh in battle, and established his authority there in
1774; married 1stly, Thakurani Chatar Kanwar, daughter of Bhati Thakur
Swarup Singh of Bikampur, married 2ndly, Thakurani Indra Kanwar,
daughter of Deora Thakur Sahib Singh of Motagaon,
Thakurani Man Kanwar, daughter of Chaturbhujot Thakur Hanwant Singh of
Kachhavi Pipla, married 4thly, Thakurani Chand Kanwar, daughter of
Nathawat Thakur Hamir Singh of Raholi, and had issue, three sons, and
one daughter. He
- Kunwar Jawan Singh, died in infancy.
- Thakur Umed Singh (qv)
- Thakur Indra Singh, born 1766, married and had issue, one
son and one daughter.
- Kunwar Bharat Singh, adopted by his uncle, Thakur Umed
Singh, and succeeded him as Thakur Bharat Singh of Geejgarh (see below).
- Baisa (name unknown), married Thakur Pratap
Singh of Dundlod.
- Baisa Chandan Kanwar, married Naruka Rao Raja Bhim