|PREDECESSORS and SHORT HISTORY: The
State was founded in 1554 by two brothers named Lakshman Mahratta and
Bharat Mahratta, scions ofthe family of the Khemdi Raja in Ganjam. The Raja maintains a military
force of 148 infantry and 2 guns (in 1893). Rulers were….
- Raja ACHYUTA SINGH Narendra,
Raja of Hindol 1691/1701
- Raja BHAGABAT SINGH
Narendra, Raja of Hindol 1701/1733
- Raja DAMODAR SINGH Narendra,
Raja of Hindol 1733/1770
- Raja RADHAKANT SINGH
Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol 1770/1781
- Raja RAM CHANDRA SINGH
Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol 1781/1786
- Raja KISHAN CHANDRA
Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol 1786/1829
- Raja HARIHAR SINGH
Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol 1829/1841
- Raja ISHWAR SINGH Mardaraj
Jagadev, 23rd Raja of Hindol 1841/1874, married and
- Raja Pakir/Phokar/Fakir Singh Mardaraj Jagadev (qv)
- Raja Janardan Singh Mardaraj Jagadev (qv)
- Raja PAKIR SINGH Mardaraj
Jagadev, 24th Raja of Hindol 1874/1877,
- Raja JANARDAN SINGH
Mardaraj Jagadev, 25th Raja of Hindol 1877/1906, born 1855,
18th July 1877 ,
of Raja formally recognized by the British Government in 1877.
- Raja Bahadur NABA KISHORE
SINGH Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol 1906/1960,
1891 and succeeded 10th February 1906, 22nd in descent from Uddhab Deb,
M.R.A.S., F.R.S.A. (London), educated at Ravenshaw Collegiate School,
and Rajkumar College, Raipur (Diploma), married Rani Ratna Prabha Devi,
and had issue. He died 1960.
- Raja Bahadur Pratap Chandra Singh Mardaraj Jagadev (qv)
- Rani Saubhagya Manjari Devi, married (as his second
wife), Raja Krishna Chandra Singh Mandhata of Nayagarh, and had issue.
- Kumar Kumud Chandra Singh B.A., Pattayat Saheb of Hindol,
born 23rd April
1924, he joined the Congress Party in 1957; M.L.A. (Orissa) 1957/1971
(three terms); Chairman, Estimates
Committee; Chairman, Assurance Committee; married in Hindol, Rajkumar
Kumari, and had issue, one son and two
daughters. He died 26th February 1991. (Hindol Palace, P.O. -
Hindol, Dist. Dhenkanal, Orissa, India)
- Kumar Birendra Kumar Singh, married Kumar Rani
Kadambari Devi, daughter of Shri Vyricherla Rajkumar Chandrachudamani
Pattayat Saheb of Kurupam, and has
- Kumari Snehanjali Singh Deo
- Kumar Karan Vir Singh Deo
- Kumari Anushirya Kumari, married Shri Devdas Ray of
Bherampur, and has issue.
- Kumari Gayatri, married Shri Rakesh Ray, and
- Kumar Anjanya Ray, married Queen Ray, and has
- Kumari Jyoti Prabha Singh, married Kunwar Devendra
Pratap Narayan Singh of Padrauna
(Chote Darbar), and has issue, two sons.
- Raja Bahadur PRATAP
CHANDRA SINGH Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol
1918 in Cuttack, Orissa, educated in Raj Kumar College, Raipur (M.P.),
trained as Honourary Magistrate by the Government of Orissa, married
in Kathiwada, Rani Pushpendra Kumari, daughter of Rana Thakur Sahib
Onkar Sinh of Kathiwada
(M.P.), and had issue. He died 12th July 1991.
- Rajkumari Kamal Kumari
- Rajkumari Nalini Kumari
- Rajkumari Usha Kumari [Kumar Rani Usha Devi of
Maheshpur], married Kumar Nirmal Singh (+) of Maheshpur, and has issue.
- Kumari Nandita Devi, married Rajkumar Subir
Chandra Dhir Deb of Balarampur,
and has issue.
- Rajkumari Purnendu Kumari B.Ed. (Lohardaga), born 4th
January 1948, educated at Nazareth Convent School, Ooty and B.J.B.
College, Bhubaneshwar, married 18th April 1971, Lal Narayan Nath Shah
Deo of Jaganathpur, and has issue.
- Rajkumari Krishna Kumari
- Rajkumari Shakuntala Kumari M.A., born 15th November 1954
in Cuttack, educated at Nazareth College, Ooty, Rama Devi College,
Bhuneshwar and Vani Vihar University, Bhuneshwar (M.A.); married 3rd
May 1984 in Bhuneshwar, Shri Biroja Shankar Mishra of Patkura, and has
issue, one daughter.
- Rajkumari Ila Kumari
- Raja Bahadur Shailendra Narayan Singh Deo Mardaraj
- Raja Bahadur SHAILENDRA
NARAYAN SINGH Deo Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol
- Rajkumar Rani Saroj Manjari Devi, married Rajkumar Suresh
Chandra Deo Jenamoni, Pattayat Sahib in Rairakhol,
and had issue.