|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Sengars
Rajputs mentioned in the Chattis kul (36 clans). They originated
around Sagar and Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh and are currently found in
Bareh (Etawah), Jalaun, Lakhnesar, Ruru or Rudu (U.P.) and Datia
Raja Saheb of Jagmanpur is the hereditary head of all Sengar Rajputs.
- Raja JAGMAN SHAH JUDEV,
Raja of Jagmanpur, he constructed the fort at
Jagmanpur in 1593.
- Raja MAHIPAT SINGH,
Raja of Jagmanpur -/1854, he received a sanad from the British
confirming him in his possessions in 1844, married and had issue. He
died in 1854.
- Raja RUP SHAH JUDEV,
Raja of Jagmanpur 1854/1911, he suceeded his father as a minor;
married Rani (name unknown),
died 5th November 1913 at Jagmanpur, and had issue. He died 25th May
1911 at Calcutta.
- Raja Lokendra Shah Judev (qv)
- Rajkumari (name unknown) [HH Maharani Sengariji
Sahiba of Karauli], married HH Maharaja Sir Bhanwar Pal Deo Bahadur
Bhal of Karauli. She died sp.
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married 1894 (as his
first wife), Maharajkumar Samarth Singh, born 11th October 1875, died sp
1896, son of Maharaja Raja Mahendra Sir
Mahendra Singh of Bhadawar, by his
wife, the daughter of Raja Bhawani Singhji Sahib Bahadur of Mainpuri.
- Raja LOKENDRA SHAH JUDEV,
Raja of Jagmanpur 1911/-, married
7th March 1910, Rani (name unknown) of Khajurgaon, and had issue.
- Kumar Virendra Shah Judev, he succeeded as Raja Virendra
Shah Judev of Jagmanpur (qv)
- Kumar Narendra Shah Judev (+), married Kumari Shanta
(Singh) (+), daughter of Thakur Shahrangdhar Sinha (Singh) (+) of
Member of Parliament, elected to the first Lok Sabha and first
Vice-Chancellor of Patna and Ranchi Universities, founder member of the
University Grants Commission, and his wife, Smt. Kumari Ram Nandini
Devi of Chaugain, and has issue.
- Kumar Surendra Kumar Shah LL.B., M.B.A.; legal counsel
Times of India group, Patna Bihar, Crompton-Greaves etc., married
Kumari Nirmala Singh, daughter of Thakur Raghunandan Singh of Shahrsa,
a retired District Magistrate, and has issue, a son and a daughter.
- Tejendra Kumar Shah M.A., M.B.A., business proprietor.
- Dr. Jaya Shah, B.D.Sc.; dental surgeon, married Dr.
Singh Ranawat M.D. of Kankarwa, Mewar.
- Kumar Rajiv Ranjan Shah, married Kumari Pushpa Shah,
and has issue, two daughters.
- Kumari (name unknown), married to Alwar Maharaj,
- Raja VIRENDRA SHAH JUDEV,
Raja of Jagmanpur, married and had issue.
- Kumar Rajendra Shah, he succeeded as Raja Rajendra Shah
Judev of Jagmanpur (qv)
- Kumar Mahendra Shah, married and has issue, two sons.
- Kumar Jitendra Shah, married and has issue.
- Kumari Archana Singh, married Kunwar Jaideep Singh, son
of Capt. Thakur Virendra Singh of Bukhia, Bhilwara, Rajasthan.
- Kumari Dipti Shah,
married Kunwar Ajayveer Singh, son of Thakur Rajendra Singh of Dujod,
and his wife, Thakurani Sushil
Kumari of Koela.
- Kumar Devendra Shah
RAJENDRA SHAH JUDEV, Raja of Jagmanpur (see above)