|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The
estate was also
known as Rampur Dharupur. The founder of the family was Raja Hom Mull,
a younger son of Raja Prithvi Mull of Majhauli in Gorakhpur. Estate
- Raja TEJ SINGH, Raja of Kalakankar fl.1628
- Rai BAIRI SAL, Rai of Kalakankar, married and had
adoptive issue. He died sp.
- (A) Kunwar Hanumant Singh [Hanumant Singh] (qv)
HANWANT SINGH, Raja of Kalakankar, he was adopted by the widow of
Bairi Sal in 1826; he was granted the title of Raja by the King
of Oudh in 1849,
married and had issue. He died 1885.
- Rajkumar Lal Pratap Singh, married and had issue. He was
1857 in the Battle of Charda.
- Raja Rampal Singh (qv).
- Rao Saheb Ramdeen Singhji, married and had issue.
- Rajkumari Sharda Kumari [Rani Sharda Kumari of Agori
Barhar], married (as his first wife), Raja Sharda Mahesh Prasad Singh
Shah of Agori Barhar, and had
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married and had issue.
- Raja Rampal Singh (qv)(#2).
- Raja RAMPAL SINGH, Raja of Kalakankar 1885/1909,
born 22nd August 1849 (#2)
or 1848 (#1) in Dharupur, Pratapgarh
UP; married 1stly, Rani Subhag Kunwar, died about 1871 in London,
Rani Alice (an English lady), married 3rdly, Rani Radha (Muslim). He
28th February 1909 in Kalakankar.
- Raja RAMESH SINGH, Raja of Kalakankar 1909/-, died
after 1910 and before 1930.
- Raja AUDHESH SINGH, Raja of Kalakankar, married and
had issue. He died
- Raja Avadesh Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Brijesh Singh [Brajesh Singh], married 1stly,
Kunwarani Laxmi Devi, married 2ndly, Leela (an Austrian lady), married
3rdly, 1963 (as her third husband), Svetlana Alliluyeva [née
Iosifovna Stalina], born 28th February 1926 in Moscow, daughter of
Stalin [Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili], and his wife, Nadezhda
had issue. He
died 31st October 1966 and his cremated remains were returned to
- Kumari Asha (by Kunwarani Laxmi Devi)
- Kumari Usha (by Kunwarani Laxmi Devi)
- Kunwar Victor Singh (by Leela), Photographer (U.K.)
- Raja AVADESH SINGH, Raja of Kalakankar, married Rani
Lakshmi Kumari and had
issue. He died after 1933.
- Raja Dinesh Singh (qv)
- Rajkumari (name unknown) [Rani Sahiba of
Khairigarh], married (as his first wife), Raja Luv Shah of Khairigarh,
and had issue.
Raja DINESH SINGH,
Raja of Kalakankar, born 19th July 1925 in Kalakankar, educated at Doon
Colvin College, Lucknow, U.P. and University of Lucknow, U.P. Member of
the India International Centre, Indian Council for Child Welfare,
Krishak Samaj, Bharatiya Natya Sangh and Indian delegations to many
organisations such as FAO, ECAFE, ECOSOC and U.N. General Assembly;
Minister in the Ministry of External Affairs 1962/66, Minister of State
in the Ministry of External Affairs 1966/67; Minister of Commerce
Minister of External Affairs 1969/70; Minister of Industrial
and Internal Trade 1970/71; Minister of Water Resources in 1988;
of Commerce 1988/89 and Minister of External Affairs 1993/-; Member of
the Second Lok Sabha 1957/62, Third Lok Sabha 1962/67, Fourth Lok Sabha
1966/70, Fifth Lok Sabha 1971/77, Rajya Sabha 1977/82, Eighth Lok Sabha
1984/89, Ninth Lok Sabha 1989/91 and re-elected to the Rajya Sabha in
1993. Member of the following clubs: Cricket Club of India, Bombay,
Gymkhana Club, New Delhi and Delhi Golf Club, New Delhi. Author of:
New Horizons”, 1971, “India and the Changing Asian Scene”, 1973,
in many magazines and National dailies; married Rani Neelima Kumari,
daughter of Lt.Col. HH Sir Maharaja Narendra Shah Sahib Bahadur of Tehri-Garhwal, and his wife, HH
Maharani Indu Mati
Sahiba, and had issue, six
daughters. He died 30th November 1995 in New Delhi.
- Maharani Rewa Kumari, married 1967, Maharaja
Indrajitendra Narain Singh
of Ramgarh, and has issue.
- Rajkumari Ravija Kumari [Rani Ravija Kumari of Delwara],
married Raj Rana Vikram Singh of Delwara,
- Yuvrani Rajitha Devi, born 11th April 1950 in
married 9th May 1974 in Delhi to Yuvraj Anirudh Singh of Barwani.
- Rajkumari Renuka Devi [HH Maharani Sahiba Renuka Devi of
Barwani], born 26th May 1952 in Mussoorie,
1979 in New Delhi, Rajkumar Manvendra Singh [now HH
Manvendra Singhji of Barwani],
and has issue.
- Rajkumari Ratna Devi, born 29th April 1959 in New
at Jesus and Mary College, University of Delhi, Delhi. Member,
Pradesh Congress Committee (P.C.C.), Uttar Pradesh 1991/-, General
P.C.C., Uttar Pradesh 1996/-, member of the 11th and 13th Lok Sabha,
re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha on 16th May 2009; Member
of the Executive Committee, Congress Party in Parliament 1996/-, Member
of the Committee on Communications 1999/2000, Member of the
Committee Ministry of Information Technology 2000/- ; Vice-President of
the Raja Avadesh Singh Memorial Educational Society, Pratapgarh; the
Trust; and the Raja Hanumat Rampal Trust, Pratapgarh; Secretary of the
Madanmohan Malviya Post Graduate College, Pratapgarh; Manager of the
Inter College, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh; Chairperson of the Raja
Singh Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Pratapgarh. Interests include.. gardening,
music, reading, travelling and photography, horse-riding and squash.
of the Delhi Gymkhana Club; India International Centre; Rotary Club,
City, New Delhi; and Cricket Club of India, Mumbai; married 30th May
Yuvraj Shri Jai Singh Sisodia of Pratapgarh,
- Bhanwar Bhuvanyu Singh
- Bhanwar Baisa Tanushree Kumari
- Abha Kumari, married Vijay Singh of Khajurgaon, and has
issue, one daughter and one son.