|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
of the family was Malik Mahmud Khan alias Qutb-ud-din Khan,
during the reign of Bahlol Lodi, Emperor of Delhi. Rulers were…
- Malik GHULAM MUHAMMED KHAN, married and had issue.
- Jalal Khan, married and had issue.
- Malik Sheruddin Khan (qv)
- Malik Mohammadi Khan (qv)
- Rahim Baksh, married and had issue.
- Muhammed Ishaq Khan, married and had issue.
- Amir Ali Khan, married and had issue.
- Muhammed Ali Khan, died 1879.
- Sultan Din Khan, married and had issue. He died
- Ghulam Rasul Khan, married and had issue. He died
- Azam Ali Khan, born 1862, married and had issue.
- Zafar Hasan Khan, born 1880.
- Nasir Ali Khan, married and had issue.
- Rahim Ali Khan, married and had issue.
- Mahar Ilahi Khan, married and had issue.
- Fateh Muhammed Khan, born 1861.
- Karam Ilahi Khan, born 1843.
- Wazir Ali Khan, married and had issue.
- Shamsher Ali Khan, born 1839, married and had
- Muhammed Khurshi Ali Khan, born 1885.
- Ghamdin Khan, died 1866.
- Ghulam Muhiuddin Khan, married and had issue.
- Ghairat Ali Khan, married and had issue.
- Ghulam Sharat Khan, married and had issue. He died
- Kutbuddin Khan, married and had issue. He died 1870.
- Sadat Ali Khan, born 1847, married and had issue.
- Faiz Ali Khan, born 1878.
- Najabat Ali Khan, born 1831.
- Kamaruddin Khan, born 1834.
- Akbar Khan, born 1841.
- Basharat Ali Khan, died 1849.
- Yar Muhammed Khan, married and had issue.
- Muhammed Atar Khan
- Malik SHERUDDIN KHAN, died sp in 1789.
- Malik MOHAMMADI KHAN , initially he was in
the service of the Marathas at the head of 200 horseman, later he aided
the British in the Maratha wars, he was granted the titles
and Shamsher Jang Bahadur with a Jagir of 6 villages in the
Doab, which was exchanged
for 60 villages in the pargana of Karnal; married and had issue.
- Rukn-ud-Daulah Shamsher Jang Bahadur Nawab Ahmad Ali
Khan Bahadur (qv)
- Rukn-ud-Daulah Shamsher Jang Bahadur Nawab AHMAD
Nawab of Karnal, he gave valuable assistance during the mutiny and for
his services the
quit-rent of 5000Rs payable by him was remitted in perpetuity; he was
also presented with a khillat of 10,000Rs in Darbar and permitted to
retain two cannons and one hundred armed retainers, these honours were
continued to his successors; granted the title of Mushfiq;
Honourary Assistant Commissioner
Karnal District, married 1stly, married 2ndly, Lali Begum, died after
1872, and had issue. He died 1867 (#1).
- Nawabzada Rahmat Ali Khan, died vpsp in 1856.
- Nawabzada Mahfuz Ali Khan
- Rukn-ud-Daulah Shamsher Jang Bahadur Nawab Azmat Ali Khan
- Rukn-ud-Daulah Shamsher Jang Bahadur Nawab Rustam Ali
Khan Bahadur (by Lali Begum) (qv)
- Nawabzada Muhammed Umar Daraz Ali Khan Bahadur (by Lali
born 1865, for good services he was granted the title of Khan Bahadur;
as an Honourary Sub-Registrat, Munsif and Magistrate First Class;
and had issue.
- Nawabzada Shamshad Ali Khan, born 1886.
- Nawabzada Irshad Ali Khan, born 1887.
- Nawabzada Ijaz Ali Khan
- Nawabzada Mumtaz Ali Khan
- Nawabzada Imtiaz Ali Khan
- Nawabzadi Jahangira Begum, married 1918 (her cousin),
Ali Khan (see below)
- Rukn-ud-Daulah Shamsher Jang Bahadur Nawab AZMAT ALI
Bahadur, Nawab of Karnal 1867/1909,
born 1833/1835, he was formally confirmed in the title of Nawab in 1868
was granted the title of Nawab Bahadur [cr. 1.1.1891], he was on bad
with his half brothers and before his death, he attempted to alienate
his property, but it was brought under the Court of Wards, resulting in
litigation after his death. He died sp
- Rukn-ud-Daulah Shamsher Jang Bahadur Nawab RUSTAM ALI
KHAN Bahadur, Nawab of Karnal 1908/1918,
born 1863, Nawab Bahadur [cr.1911], married and had issue. He died
- Rukn-ud-Daulah Shamsher Jang Bahadur Nawab Mohammad
Sajjad Ali Khan (qv)
Liaquat Ali Khan, born 1st October 1895 (1896) at Karnal, graduated in
1918 from M. A. O. College, Aligarh, obtained a degree in Law from
in 1921, and was called to the Bar at Inner Temple in 1922, joined the
Muslim League in 1923, becoming its Honorary Secretary from 1936 to
deputy leader of the Muslim League Parliamentary party 1940/-, Chairman
of the League’s Central Parliamentary Board, Finance Minister, 1st
Minister of Pakistan, presented the Objectives Resolution in the
Assembly, also helped to draft the first report of the Basic Principle
Committee, signed the Liaquat-Nehru pact pertaining to the minority
in 1950, visited the United States and set the course of Pakistan’s
policy towards closer ties with the West in 1951, awarded the title of Shaheed-i-Millat
1stly 1918, Nawabzadi Jahangira Begum (a first cousin, see
married 2ndly, April 1933, Begum
Ra’ana [Begum Ra’ana Liaquat Ali Khan], born 1905
at Almora in United
Provinces, died 13th June 1990 at Karachi,she obtained a first class Masters degree with honors in economics from
the University of Lucknow in 1929. Begum Ra’ana began her practical
as a teacher in the Gokhale Memorial School after completing the
Diploma Course from the Diocesan College, Calcutta. She was later
as Professor of Economics in the Indraprstha Girls College, Delhi. On
own initiative, she formed the Pakistan Women’s National Guard
and the Pakistan Women Naval Reserve (P.W.N.R.) in 1949. Begum Ra’ana
the Chief Controller of both, with the rank of a Brigadier, they did
survive for long and were disbanded soon after Ra’ana Liaquat Ali went
abroad as Pakistan’s Ambassador in 1954, Governor of Sindh 1973/1976,
had issue, three sons. He died 16th
1951 at Rawalpindi.
- Nawabzada Wilait Ali Khan (by Jahangira Begum), married
and had issue.
- Nawabzada Musharraf Ali Khan, he served as the
Personel Manager of the Intercontinental Hotel of Pakistan Services
Limited, and later joined a French Restaurant Chain as Director;
Musharraf Ali Khan
Mumtaz Parveen), and has issue.
- Sahibzada Moazzam Ali Khan, works in the field of
Faryal Moazzam (née Faryal Hussain), and has issue.
- Sahibzada Meekail Ali Khan, born 2003.
- Sahibzada Abbas Ali Khan, born 23rd November 1978
in Karachi, Pakistan;
Businessman, Vocalist, Composer, Lyricist, Keyboardist, Rythm
Graphic Designer, Animator and Visual Effects Designer, has a computer
science background and is working with a multimedia company as a
Manager, married 18th July 2003 in Islamabad, Nosheen Ali Khan
- Sahibzadi Rubab Musharraf Ali Khan [Rubab Tanxil],
a fashion designer,
married Tanxil Tahir.
- Nawabzada Wajahat Ali Khan, unmarried.
- Nawabzada Mukaram Ali Khan, married Shehnaz Ali Khan,
and has issue,
son and three daughters.
- Sahibzadi Fatima Ali Khan
- Sahibzadi Amina Ali Khan
- Sahibzadi Ayesha Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Hassan Ali Khan
- Nawabzada Shujat Ali Khan, married Laila Ali Khan,
and has issue.
- Sahibzada Ahsan Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Rustam Ali Khan
- Sahibzadi Mariam Ali Khan
- Nawabzadi Qaiser Begum
- Nawabzadi Nayyar Begum
- Nawabzada Akbar Ali Khan (by Begum Ra’ana)
- Nawabzada Ashraf Ali Khan (by Begum Ra’ana)
- Nawabzada Khursheed Ali Khan, he died at the age of 15
- Nawabzada Sadaqat Ali Khan, born 1914, married 1936,
Asghari Begum, and
has issue, six children (one died in infancy).
- Nawabzada Mubarak Ali Khan (Karachi,
- Nawabzada Javed Ali Khan (Manchester,
- Nawabzadi Rehana Shafiqullah (née Sadaqat) (Karachi,
- Nawabzadi Rukhsana Sadaqat (Karachi,
- Nawabzadi Farzana Rastogi (née Sadaqat) (Frankfurt,
- Nawabzada Sadiq Ali Khan, died in infancy, aged six
- Rukn-ud-Daulah Shamsher Jang Bahadur Nawab MOHAMMAD
SAJJAD ALI KHAN,
Nawab of Karnal 1918/-, born 1892, educated privately, recognised Head
i.e. the Mandals of Karnal, belongs to the ruling Nousherwani family of
Kharan in Baluchistan, Vice President of Karnal District Board
Honourary Magistrate 1920/-, Vice President of Second District War Loan
Committee, President of District St John Ambulance Association,
First Class 1936/-, awarded the Silver Jubilee Medal 1935, married
times, and had issue, four sons.
- Nawabzada Mohammad Naushad Ali Khan, born January 1923,
- Rukn-ud-Daulah Shamsher Jang Bahadur Nawab Shahzad Ali
- Nawabzada Behzad Ali Khan, born 26th June 1950.
- Nawabzada Farhad Ali Khan, born 20th July 1952.
- Rukn-ud-Daulah Shamsher Jang Bahadur Nawab SHAHZAD ALI
KHAN, Nawab of Karnal