|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
- Raja NALINAKHYA Marda
Raja Deo, Raja of Khallikote 1756/1789, during his reign,
the state lost its sovereign powers in a treaty on 29th November 1769;
Kunwar Man Singh rebelled in 1771, but fled, and was eventually killed
in October 1775; married and had issue. He died in 1789.
- Raja Ramakrishna Marda Raja Deo (qv)
- Raja Jagannath Marda Raja Deo (qv)
- Raja RAMAKRISHNA Marda
Raja Deo, Raja of Khallikote 1789/1816, he died sp
1816 at Puri.
- Raja JAGANNATH Marda Raja
Deo, Raja of Khallikote 1816/1835, married and had
issue. He died 1835 at Puri.
- Raja Bala Keswara Singh Marda Raja Deo (qv)
- Raja BALA KESWARA SINGH
Marda Raja Deo, Raja of Khallikote 1835/1845, married
daughter of the
of Surangi, and had issue, two sons
and one daughter.
- Raja Sahib Mehrban-i-Dostan Shri Raja Narayana Marda Raja
- Rajkumari (name unknown) [Rani Saheba of
Dharakote], married Raja Braja Sundar Singh of Dharakote.
- Raja Sahib
Mehrban-i-Dostan Shri Raja NARAYANA Marda Raja
Deo, Raja of Khallikote 1845/1878, married
1stly, the eldest daughter of the Raja of Baudh, she died sp,
married 2ndly, a lady of the
Routh family, married 3rdly, a daughter of Raja Bishwanath Singh of
had issue, three sons and five daughters. He died in 1878 aged 53.
- Raja Sahib Mehrban-i-Dostan Sri Harihar Mardaraj Deo
Bahadur [Prince Eric] (by second marriage) (qv)
- Rajkumari (name unknown) (eldest daughter),
married Raja Raghunath Singh of Bali Atagada
- Rajkumari (name unknown) (third daughter), married
the Raja of Dharakote.
- Rajkumari (name unknown) (fifth daughter), married
the Raja of Surangi.
- Raja Sahib
Mehrban-i-Dostan Sri HARIHAR Mardaraj Deo
Bahadur, Raja of Khallikote 1878/1909, born
July 1872 at Khallikote, succeeded in 1887 as a minor, founder and
of Khallikote College, married 1stly, 1894, eldest daughter of Chhota
Chandra Bhanj Deo of Mayurbhanj,
married 2ndly, 1895, Rani Kanaka Manjari Devi, sister of the first
wife, and had issue. He died
20th July 1909.
- Son (by 2nd wife), born 1898, died aged 8 months.
- Son (by 2nd wife), born 1899, died young.
- Lt. Raja Bahadur Sri Ramchandra Marda Raja Deo Bahadur
[Prince Eric] (by 2nd wife)
- Rajkumari (name unknown) [Rani Sahiba of Surangi]
(eldest daughter), married Raja Chandra Chudamani Harishchandra
Jagadev of Surangi, and had issue,
sons and two daughters.
- Lt. Raja Bahadur Sri Sir
Marda Raja Deo Bahadur, Raja of Khallikote 1909/1963,
born 13th January
Raja Saheb of Khallikote as well as Raja Saheb of Atagada and Biridi
estates, granted ruling powers on 14th January 1921; educated at
Newington Institution and Madras Christian
College; he was granted the titles of Raja (personal) [cr.1929],
hereditary [cr.1934], Raja Bahadur
and Kt. [cr.1945]; President of the Ganjam District Board 1922/1937;
Member, National Defence Council of India 1939/-; M.L.A. (Orissa)
1937/1946 and 1952/1963 (four terms); Member of the Indian Central
Legislature 1945/1951; he laid the foundation of the Secondary School
at Khallikote; he attended the 3rd Round Table Conference in London in
December 1932 and was a forceful proponent for the formation of Orissa
State, which occurred on 1st April 1936; married 1918, Rani
Chandra Priya Devi, the only daughter of Lal Saheb
Dhiraraj Singh Deo of ‘Nua Pacca
II’ (see Seraikella), and had
issue, one son. He died 23rd January 1963.
- Raja Purna Chandra Mardaraj Deo (qv)
- Raja PURNA CHANDRA
Mardaraj Deo, Raja of Khallikote 1963/-, born 1930; married
Deo (qv). He died sp.
- Rani Saheba V. Sugyani
Deo, Rani of Khallikote (see above)
- a Princess of Khallikote, married (as his second wife),
Raja Bishambhar Birbar Mangraj
Mahapatra of Baramba, and had issue.