|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
Fourth Class State in Kathiawar. The Ruling Family is an offshoot of
House. Kumbhoji I of Gondal had two sons, Sagramji and Sangoji, of whom
the former succeeded to the gaddi as the Ruler of Gondal, while
the latter received in appanage the village of Ardoi in 1654/1655.
conquered the neighbouring villages and raised his estate to the
of a Taluka. The name Sangani is derived from him. In concert with
of Rajkot he conquered Sardhar. The State follows the rule of
in regard to succession. Jurisdictional Powers are… Civil: To the
of 10,000Rs, Criminal: Three years rigorous imprisonment and
to the extent of 5,000Rs. The Thakor maintains a
military force of 8 cavalry, 142 infantry, and 4 guns (as of 1892).
- Thakore Saheb SANGOJI
KUMBHOJI, 1st Thakore
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1655/1699, married and had issue. He
- Thakore Saheb Tejoji Sangoji (qv)
- Kumar Togaji Sangoji, received and founded the Rajpara
- Kumar Hakoji Sangoji, received and founded the Bhadwa
- Thakore Saheb TEJOJI
SANGOJI, 2nd Thakore
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1699/-, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Jasaji Tejoji (qv)
- Kumar Sartanji Tejoji, died 1755.
- Thakore Saheb Devaji Tejoji (qv)
- Thakore Saheb JASAJI TEJOJI,
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1727/1755, Jasaji and his
and moved their capital there, but both died without issue and were
by their younger brother Devaji. He died 1755.
- Thakore Saheb DEVAJI TEJOJI,
Saheb of Kotda Sangani in 1755, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Hothiji Devaji (qv)
- Thakore Saheb HOTHIJI
DEVAJI, 5th Thakore
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1755/1812, married and had
issue. He died
- Thakore Saheb Bhojrajji Hothiji (qv)
- Thakore Saheb Bamaniajji Hothiji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Bhagwanji Hothiji
- Thakore Saheb BHOJRAJJI
HOTHIJI, 6th Thakore
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1812/1825, died sp
- Thakore Saheb BAMANIAJJI
HOTHIJI, 7th Thakore
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1825/1838, married and had
- Thakore Saheb Sabloji Bamaniajji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Veraji Bamaniaji
- Thakore Saheb SABLOJI
BAMANIAJI, 8th Thakore
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1838/1840, married and had
- Thakore Saheb Meroji Sabloji (qv)
- Thakore Saheb MEROJI
SABLOJI, 9th Thakore
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1840/1862, married and had
- Thakore Saheb Tajoji Meroji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Khengarji Meroji, received Bhagdadia and died sp.
- Kumar Shri Merubha Meroji [Muluji], married and had issue.
- Thakur Saheb Himatsinhji Merubha (qv)
- Thakur Saheb TAJOJI MEROJI,
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1862/1879, married and had
He died 1879.
- Thakore Saheb Mulvaji Tajoji (qv)
- Thakore Saheb MULVAJI
TAJOJI, 11th Thakore
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1879/1913, born 1873,
to the gadi on 23rd
Hari Kunwarba Sahiba, daughter of Kumar Shri Gajendrasinhji of
Bhadakva, and his wife, Kumari Shri Rupaliba Sahiba, and had issue. He
- HH Maharani Anand Kunwarba Sahiba, born 1895, married
1912, Major HH
Shri Maharaja Shri Raj Sir Ghanshyamsinhji Ajitsinhji Sahib Bahadur of
Dhrangadhra. She died 1979.
- HH Maharani Hira Kunwarba Sahiba, born 1899, married 6th
Lt. HH Maharaja Rana Sir Shri Rajendra Singhji Dev Bahadur of Jhalawar,
and had issue. She died 1999.
- Thakore Saheb HIMATSINHJI
MERUBHA, 12th Thakore
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1913/1930, born 17th
2nd March 1914.
- Thakore Saheb Shri
PRADYUMNASINHJI HIMATSINHJI, 13th Thakore
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1930/1980,
5th December 1920, succeeded his father on 23rd February 1930, the
was held on 10th December 1940, educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot;
Independence, he joined the India Foreign
Service and traveled widely with his family; married about 1942,
Yuvarajkumari Vijaya Lakshmi Ammani [Thakurani
Vijaya Devi], born 1922, died 2005, daughter of HH Yuvaraja Sir Sri
Wadiyar of Mysore, and his wife, HH
Kempu Cheluvammanni Yavaru Urs, and had issue.He died 1980.
- Kumari Gita Devi, married. She died sp.
- Kumari Urmila Devi, educated in
New York, Colombo, Rome and Delhi, finishing up school in Ooty, South
India and at Mount Carmel College, Bangalore (B.A.); she worked
for several years in the garment export industry in Bangalore; for
the last several years she has devoted her time to work for the
International Music and Arts Society, Bangalore, which her mother
founded in 1975, to promote arts; serves as the honorary trustee
of the Bangalore Environment Trust.
- Kumari Usha Devi
- Kumari Shakuntala Devi
- (see above)
The assistance of YS Jaideepsinh Jadeja is gratefully