|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The
of the family was Raja Hamir Singh, the last Chauhan King of
Ranthambhor about 1302. Estate holders
- Rawat MANAK CHAND,
1st Rawat Saheb of Kotharia, married and had issue. He died 17th March
the Battle of Khanwa.
He was posthumously granted
the Jagir of Kotharia
with the title of Rawat.
- Rawat JAIPAL, 2nd
Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1527/-, married and had issue.
- Rawat SARANG DEO,
3rd Rawat Saheb of Kotharia -/-, married and had issue.
- Rawat KHANJI I,
4th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia -/1567, married and had issue. He died 1567
Battle of Chittor.
- Rawat TATAR KHAN,
5th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1567/1575, married and had issue. He died
- Rawat DHARMANGAD,
6th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1575/1609, married and had issue. He died
- Rawat KHANJI II,
7th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1609/1658, married and had issue. He died
- Rawat PRITHVI RAJ,
8th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1658/1711, married and had issue. He died
- Rawat RUKMANGAD,
9th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1711/1712, married and had issue. He died
- Rawat Udai Bhan (qv)
- Kunwar Harinath Singh, ancestor of Kunwar Nath Singh,
father of Rawat Harinath Singh I of Falichra.
- Rawat UDAI BHAN,
10th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1712/1747, married and had issue.
- Rawat Devbhan Singh (qv)
- Maharani Radha Kanwar, married Maharana Ari Singhji of
- Rawat DEV BHAN SINGH,
11th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1747/1752, married and had issue. He
- Rawat BUDH SINGH,
12th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1752/1757, married and had issue. He died
- Rawat VIJAY SINGH,
13th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1757/1771, married and had issue. He died
- Rawat MOKHAM SINGH,
14th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1771/1805, married and had issue. He
- Rawat JODH SINGH,
15th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1805/1869, married and had issue. He died
- Rawat SANGRAM SINGH,
16th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1869/1870, married and had issue. He
- Rawat KESARI SINGH,
17th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1870/1888, married and had adoptive
issue. He died sp 1888.
- (A) Rawat Jawan Singh
- Rawat JAWAN SINGH,
18th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia 1888/- , born 1886 as Kunwar Jawan Singh,
son of Thakur Sardar Singh, and succeeded by adoption; married
and had issue.
- Bailal Rajkumari (name
unknown), married (as his second wife), Rajkumar Ram Singh,
second son of Raja Sangram Singh of Banera.
- Rawat URJAN SINGH,
19th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia -/-
- Rawat MAN SINGH,
20th Rawat Saheb of Kotharia -/-, born 1916, educated at Mayo College,
Rajkumari Sohan Kunwari [Rani Sohan Kunwari of Kotharia], daughter of
Thakur Chain Singh of Pokhran,
and had issue, four sons.
- Rawat Shiv Pratap Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Shiv Datt Singh, married Kunwarani Lakshmi Kumari
of Bassi Thikana, and has issue, four sons and one daughter.
- Kunwar Shiv Dayal Singh, married Baisa Praveen Kumari,
daughter of Capt. Maharaj Mohan Singhji of Raoti,
and his wife, Rani Nain Kanwar.
- Kunwar Shiv Dan Singh, married Kunwarani Usha
Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Karan Singh of Kukadia, and his wife,
Thakurani Guman Kanwar, and has issue, two sons and one daughter.
- Kunwar Rudra Pratap Singh Chauhan, married Kunwarani
Kirti Chundawat of Kosithal.
- Kunwar Rishi Raj Singh Chauhan, married Kunwarani
Kalpana Kumari, daughter of Kunwar
Virendra Singh of Sarothia, and his
wife, Kunwarani Jyoti Kumari.
- Kunwarani Bhuwneshwari Chauhan, married Shri Bhawani
Kalvi of Thikana Kalvi, an international polo player.
- Baisa Pramila Kumari, married Thakur Ram Pratap Singh of
- Baisa Pratibha Kumari, married Thakur Lakshman Karan
Singh Rathore of Natwara.
- Rawat SHIV PRATAP SINGH
- Thakur Pratap Singh, married and had issue.
- Thakur Dr.
Singh Chouhan (+), married 1968, Thakurani Marudhar Kumari, daughter of
Rawat Raghuraj Singh of Bohera, and his
wife, Rani Pratap
Kanwar, and had issue.
- Kunwarani Ritwija Kumari, married Kunwar Akshaynidhi
Singh of Bajekan-Dingsara.
- Rani Sahib Krishna Kumari, married 21st May 1971, Rawat
of Lunda, and has issue.
- Thakur Bhupendra Singhji Chouhan, married Rajkumari
Kumari, third daughter of Maharaj Govardhan Singhji Sahib of Nachana in Jaisalmer.
- Thakur Govind Singhji Chouhan, married Rajkumari Mahendra
Kumari, fourth daughter of Maharaj Govardhan Singhji Sahib of Nachana in Jaisalmer.
- Thakurani Sushma Kumari, married 6th March 1975 in
(Mewar), Thakur Sultan Singh Rathore of Barkana, and has issue, two sons and one
- Thakur Girvar Singh, married and had issue.
- Lalita Kunwar, married Rajkumar Lalit Singh Krishnawat of
- Rani Chauhaniji Chand
Kumari, married (as his second wife), Maharaj Kesar Singh of Bhindar.
- Baisa Divya Kumari, married Kanwar Raj Singh Sisodia of Nandli.
- Rani Phool Kunwar, married (as his fourteenth wife), Raja
Bhim Singh I of Banera.
- Rani Amrut Kunwar, married (as his fifteenth wife), Raja
Bhim Singh I of Banera.
- Rawat? Fateh Singh married Rani Chand Kanwar of Dattigaon,
daughter of Maharaj Chiman Singh, Rao of Dattigaon,
and had issue.
- Rani Udai Kunwari, married (as his second wife), Raja
Hameer Singh of Banera, and had issue.
The help of Deepak Aggarwal is gratefully acknowledged,