|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Traditionally
stated to have been founded in 200BC. Estate holders were….
- Raja MULL, Raja of
Kotwara, converted to Islam in 1488
- Raja BAZ KHAN, Raja
of Kotwara fl.1680
- Raja TARBIAT KHAN,
Raja of Kotwara fl.1779
- Raja MADAR BUKSH KHAN,
84th Raja of Kotwara 1827/1857, died leaving
who married Syed Nazar Hussain, Prince of Yaman (sic!) and had issue.
- Syed RAZA HUSAIN,
Raja of Kotwara, died after 1910 and before 1930.
- Raja Syed SAJID HUSAIN ALI,
Raja of Kotwara -/1991, born 1910, M.A.
(Edinburgh), M.L.A. from
Kotwara 1936/1952, married 1stly, 1937, HIH Princess Selma Rauf Hanim
born 1914, died 1941, married 2ndly, Rani Kaneez Hyder, daughter of the
Nawab of Muradabad, and had issue. He
- Raja Syed Muzaffar Ali (by Rani Kaneez) (qv)
- Rajkumari Kenize de Kotwara (by Princess Selma), born
Paris. Writer under
the nom de plume Kenize Mourad.
- Syed Amir Ali Khan (by Rani Kaneez)
- Dr. Rajkumar Syed Raza Ali Khan (by Rani Kaneez), married
Rajkumar Rani Shabaaz Begum,
and had issue.
He died 1988.
- Rajkumari Sophia Ali Khan, currently working as a
- Rajkumari Jasmine Ali Khan, successful entrepreneur and
- Rajkumari Rubina Ali Khan, currently studying.
- Raja Syed MUZAFFAR ALI,
Raja of Kotwara (see above)