|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Estate
- Thakur RAGHUNATH SINGH,
Thakur of Maroth, born 1667 BS
(circa 1610), second son of
Thakur Sanwal Das, he was awarded 112 villages of Maroth and 19
villages of Sambhar by Padshah Shah Jehan, Mughal emperor of Delhi, he
married five wives and had issue, two sons. He died 1740 BS (circa 1683).
- Thakur Kishor Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Roop Singh
- Thakur KISHOR SINGH, Thakur
of Maroth, married Thakurani Hadiji, and had
- Thakur ZALIM SINGH,
1st Thakur of Kuchaman 1725/1753, married
and had issue, seven sons and at least one daughter. He died 9th May
April 1751 (Baisakh Krishna 7, 1809 BS)
- Thakur Sabha Singh [Sobhag Singh] (qv)
- Kunwar Chain Singh, he was granted Mudrasan Jagir
- Kunwar Sarup Singh, he was granted Bhadliya Jagir
- Kunwar Sultan Singh, he was granted Dhankoli Jagir
- Kunwar Pahar Singh, he was granted Deodana Jagir
- Kunwar Gian Singh, died young.
- Kunwar Dal Singh, died young.
- Rani Gulab Kanwar, married Raja Gaj Singh of Khandela-Junior.
- Thakur SABHA SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman, born 1775
BS (circa 1718), succeeded on 26th April 1751 (Baisakh Shukla 1, 1807 BS), married
and had issue, two sons. He died 28th October 1764 (Kartik Krishna 4, 1821 BS).
- Thakur Suarj Mal (qv)
- Kunwar Jawan Singh, established Naka Ki Palri Jagir,
married and had issue. He died in battle 31st August 1791 (Bhadra Shukla 2, 1847 BS).
- Thakur SURAJ MAL,
Thakur of Kuchaman, born 15th December 1749 (Margashirsh Shukla 6,1806 BS),
succeeded 13th November 1764 (Kartik
Shukla 20, 1821 BS), married and had issue. He died in battle
21st March 1793 (Chaitra Shukla
9, 1849 BS)
- Thakur SHIVNATH SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman, born 1831 BS
(circa 1784), succeeded 1849 BS
(circa 1793), (his younger
brother, Kunwar Amani Singh, established the jagir at Phogri), married
of Thakur Duleha Singh of Khachariawas,
and had issue. [He died 1883
- Thakur RANJIT SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman fl.1832 or 1883/1917 BS,
Raj Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Raj Singh of Khood, and his wife,
Thakurani Sada Kanwar, and had issue.
- Thakurani Amrit Kanwar, married Thakur Gopal Singh of Mandawa-Senior.
- Rao Bahadur Thakur KESRI
SINGH C.I.E., Thakur of Kuchaman 1857/1877 or 1917/1948 BS, he was granted the
title of Rao Bahadur on 1st January 1877, married and had
- Thakur Sher Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Sabal Singh, established the jagir of Bhagwanpura
- Kunwar Devi Singh, established the jagir of Plara
- Thakur SHER SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman 1877/1916, Member
of the State
Council, married and had issue. He died 1916.
- Kunwar Bagh Singh, married 1stly, a Shekhawat lady of
Danta, married 2ndly, a lady of Kalyanpur, and had issue. He died vp before 1916.
- Thakur Nahar Singh (by 1st wife) (qv)
- Kunwar Ummed Singh (by 2nd wife), established Panchota
jagir at Shyamgarh.
- Thakur NAHAR SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman 1916/1919,
succeeded his grandfather in 1916, married 1stly, circa 1895, Thakurani
Nawal Kanwar, daughter of Raj Rana Rai Singhji III of Bari-Sadri, and his first wife, Rani
Sardar Kanwar, married 2ndly, 1911, a daughter of Apji Sir
Onkar Singh of Palaitha in Kotah,
3rdly, 1915, Thakurani Deep Kunwar, daughter of Kunwar Lakshman Singh
of Kanore, died 21st April 1958, and had
issue. He died 1919 at Sikarwadi.
- Kunwar Amar Singh (by 1st marriage), born 1956 BS, died young.
- Kunwar Satya Narayan Singh (by 1st marriage), born 1959 BS, died young.
- Kunwar Pratap Singh (by 1st marriage), born 1962 BS, died young.
- Baisa Lad Kunwar (by 2nd marriage), born 1966 BS, died young, aged
about four years.
- Raja Hari Singh (by 2nd marriage) (qv)
- Raja Pratap Singh (by 3rd marriage) (qv)
- Baisa Chain Kunwar (by 3rd marriage), born 1918, married
1936, a son of Raja Kushal Pal Singh of Kotla and was widowed in
September of the same year.
- Raja HARI SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman 1919/1956, born 26th September 1912,
succeeded 1919, installed in 1931, educated at Mayo College,
Ajmer; member of the famous Jodhpur Polo Team, married 1925, Rani
Dhariawa Kanwar, daughter of the Thakur
Shivnath Singh of Bera, and had issue,
son (died in infancy) and three daughters. He
died 15th January 1956 in Jodhpur.
- Rajkumari Kamal Prabha (Princess Fancy), married 1945,
Kunwar Udai Bhan Singh of Dhariawad
- Rajkumari Hans Prabha Kumari
- Rajkumari Sneh Prabha Kumari, married Thakur Saroj
Singhji, Naigarhi, M.P.
- Raja PRATAP SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman 1956/1993, born 3rd May 1917, installed
on 13th February 1956, educated at Mayo College,
Ajmer 1923/1932, at Prayag University, Allahabad 1932/1934 and Lincoln
College, Oxford University, England 1938/1940 and 1945/1947,
married 18th February 1942 in Lucknow, Rajkumari Prem Kumari, daughter
and only child of Raja Jagan Nath Baksh and Rani Trailokya Kumari of
Rehawan state in Uttar Pradesh,
and had issue, three daughters. He died 1993 in Lucknow.
- Rajkumari Kiran Prabha (Princess Naina), born 13th April
1944 at Nainital, educated at Loreto Convent, Lucknow; married to Raj
Bisaria, Professor of English at Lucknow University, and has issue, a
- Rajkumari Priti Pratap Singh, born October 1948 in Jaipur
(sep’d.), educated at St. Mary’s, Nainital and Maharani Gayatri Devi
School, Jaipur; married His Excellency Late Rudolf D’mello, former
Ambassador of India to Cuba, and has issue, two daughters. (Sundernagar,
New Delhi, India)
- Indiritta Singh D’mello, born 1972, educated at
University of Oxford, U.K., and Indian Institute of Management,
Bangalore (Executive MBA); worked with the Eastern Shipping Company,
and is presently in business in New Delhi.
- Pia Singh D’mello, educated
at St. Stephen’s College, currently a practising lawyer.
- Rajkumari Rajlakshmi, born in 1956 in New Delhi, married
21st February 1977 at Lucknow, Rajkumar Narvir Shah
of Tehri-Garhwal, and has issue,
son and a daughter.
- Kumari Smriti Shah, born 31st March 1979,
Rathore, and has issue, two children. (Delhi and Kuchaman)
- Dhruvaryaa Rathore
- Anouska Rathore
- Kunwar Vivekraj Shah, born 27th January 1981,
presently working and residing in New York.