|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT
HISTORY: One of the largest zamindaris in Bihar at
Independence. Estate holders were….
- Raja AYODHYA PRASAD SINGH,
1st Zamindar of Kursela, he left his family’s original
zamindari of Barh-Rupas in Patna Districtm in 1881 and acquired 32,000
acres of land in Kursela,
a major landowner in the area, he was subsequently acknowledged as the
Zamindar of Kursela; he married and had issue.
- Rai Bahadur Raghubansh Prasad Singh (qv)
- Raja Bahadur RAGHUBANSH
PRASAD SINGH, Zamindar of Kursela, born 1895,
he was granted the title of Raja Bahadur, which he later rejected in
favour of Rai Bahadur. He was a great philanthropist, and
administrator. He was the largest land donor in Vinobha Bhave’s “Bhudan
movement”, wherein he donated 4,000 acres of land. He sponsored the
opening of two schools and a hospital in Kursela. He also donated many
houses and land to the congress party including “Kala Bhavan” in
Purnea. He also had a love for life and living. He was one of the few
people of the era to have a private aerodrome and planes; he married
Devi, and had issue. He died 1980.
- Awadhesh Kumar Singh, MP, married and had issue.
- Ashok Singh, married Rajkumari Nivedita Rana from
Meqlekxigunj (Ranchi) and has issue, two daughters.
- Shailaja Singh
- Anandita singh
- Prakash Singh, married Bhagendra Singh (Nalini) of
Narauli, and has issue, one son.
- Akhilesh Kumar Singh, married Sumitra Devi of Enai, and
had issue, three sons and three daughters.
- Amresh Singh, married Kuwarani Abha Raje of Vijaigarh,
and has issue, a
- Sri Brajesh Kumar Singh, married to Smt. Neeta Singh,
daughter of Sri Nagendra Singh of Beehat, and his wife, Smt. Rajkumari
Vimla Devi, and
has issue, two sons.
- Shiladitya Singh
- Divyaditya Singh
- Pankaj Singh, married Sanyogita Singh, and has issue,
- Advaitya Singh
- Shambhavi Singh
- Madhavi Devi, married Ajay Kumar Shahi of Dumaria.
- Pratibha Devi, married Dr. Mritunjay Prasad Sinha of
Shambhu Patti (Samastipur), Bihar; and has issue, two sons.
- Ripunjay Sinha, due to marry on 24th Jan 2007
Rajkumari Radhika Shahi, daughter
of Raja Ramanuj Pratap Singh of Deara
Raj, and his wife, Rani Brijraj Kanwar.
- Abhishek Sinha
- Kunwarani Kanchana Singh, married 11th December 1982 in
Patna, Kunwar Aditya Vikram Singh of Athadama,
and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Shri Dinesh Kumar Singh 1980/-, born 1932 in
Bihar, MLC in
Bihar since 1960, Cabinet Minister in Bihar Government 1968/1981, Ex
Jute Board of India, a Licensed Pilot and an avid wild life enthusiast,
married July 1948 in Summha Deorhi, Smt. Vibha Singh of Summha Deorhi,
Bihar, and has issue.
- Dr. Gautam Singh, married 14th February 1975,
Smt. Sarala Rajya Laxmi Devi, born 5th March 1954, eldest child of Col.
Jay Prakash Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal, and has issue,
- Yashwant Singh, born 29th November 1975.
- Yashraj Singh, born 8th November
a finance degree in 2002 from the Smith School of Business at the
University of Maryland, returned to India in 2005 and married on the
22nd of May 2006, Maharajkumari Vidita Singh, daughter of HH Maharana Sahib
Manvendra Singhji of Barwani,
his wife, HH Maharani Renuka Devi, and has issue.
- Prithviraj Singh, born 13 September 2008
- Harsh Singh, married Dr. Yasmin Wadia,
and has issue,
- Zorawar Wadiasingh, born 19th September 1984,
presently pursuing his Doctorate in Cosmology and Quantum
Mechanics at RICE University, Texas, USA.
- Udayan Singh married Rajkumari Shobha Raje of
Dhameri Raj, and
- Devyani Singh
- Hanumant Singh