|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The
state was founded
in 1806. The Nawab maintains a military force of 94 men (as of 1892).
- Mirza Araf or Alaf Jan Beg of a family of Bokhara, married
the daughter of Mirza Mahomed Beg, Governor of Attock, and had
- Mirza Mahommed Ali Khan
- Nawab Mirza Ahmed Bakhsh Khan Fakharuddaula Rustam-i-Jang
- Mirza Ilahi Bakhsh Khan, married and had issue.
- Umrao Begum, married Mirza Asadullah Khan Ghalib, born
1797, died sp
- Mirza Zainal Abidin Arif, adopted son and
married and had issue.
- Mirza Baqar Ali Khan Kamil, married
Moazzam Zamani Begum
Begum], daughter of Nawab Ziauddin Ahmed Khan of Loharu, and had issue.
- Sahibzadi Fatima Sultan Begum, married
Bashiruddin Ahmed Khan
of Loharu (see below), and had issue.
- Nawab Mirza AHMED BAKHSH
KHAN Fakharuddaula Rustam-i-Jang
ul-mulk, 1st Nawab of Loharu
1806/1827, he was employed by the Raja of Alwar in the negotiations
with Lord Lake in 1806, and in recognition of his services he received
Loharu from the Raja, and the feudal possession of Firuzpur from the
British Government, married and had issue. He died 1827.
- Nawab Shamsuddin Khan (qv)
- Nawab Aminuddin Khan (qv)
- Nawabzada Ibrahim Ali Khan
- Nawab Ziauddin Ahmad Khan, he quarrelled with his brother
and was ordered to leave the state, receiving an allowance of 18,000Rs
per annum for his maintenance; the title of Nawab was conferred upon
him in 1866 as a personal
distinction in recognition of his literary attainments, being well
read in Arabic and Persian, and was regarded as one of the leading men
in Delhi; married and had issue. He died 1885.
- Nawabzada Mirza Shahabuddin Khan, served as a City
Magistrate; married and had issue. He died 1869.
- Sahibzada Mirza Shujauddin Ahmad Khan, born 1860.
- Sahibzada Mirza Bahauddin Ahmad Khan, born 1862, has
served as an official in the Department for the Suppression of Thagi
- Sahibzada Mirza Sarajuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1864.
- Sahibzada Mirza Mumtazuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1866,
Inspector of Police in the Punjab.
- Nawabzada Mirza Saiduddin Ahmad Khan, born 1853,
Viceregal Darbari; Honorary Magistrate of Dehli, also served as an
Extra Assistant Commissioner in the Punjab 1879/1887.
- Nawab SHAMSUDDIN KHAN.
2nd Nawab of Loharu 1827/1835, executed by the
authorities in Delhi
3rd October 1835 due to his particiption in a conspiracy to assasinate
the Resident, and in consequence Loharu and Firuzpur were confiscated,
and the title of Nawab was denied.
- Nawab AMINUDDIN KHAN,
3rd Nawab of Loharu 1835/1869, Loharu was restored to the family, and
the title of Nawab was granted in 1866 as a personal distinction,
married and had issue. He
- Nawab Alauddin Ahmed Khan (qv)
- Nawabzada Najamuddin Ahmad Khan, died 1884.
- Nawab ALAUDDIN AHMED KHAN
4th Nawab of Loharu 1869/1884, born 1833, the title of Nawab was
conferred on the Chief in 1874 in recognition of his good services, he
was created a Companion of the Most Eminent Order of the Indian Empire
(C.I.E.) on 2nd January 1893. married
and had issue. He died 1884.
- HH Al-Haj Nawab Mirza Sir Amiruddin Ahmed Khan Bahadur
- Nawabzada Nasiruddin Ahmad Khan, born 1861.
- Nawabzada Azizuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1862, married and
- Sahibzada Hisamuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1882.
- Sahibzada Shamsamuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1885.
- Sahibzada Muzaffaruddin Ahmad Khan, born 1886.
- Sahibzada Shamsuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1888.
- Nawabzada Bashiruddin Ahmed Khan, born 1863, married
Fatima Sultan Begum
(see above), and had issue.
- Sahibzada Muazuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1884.
- Sahibzada Nasiruddin Ahmad Khan, born 1885.
- Sahibzadi Aliya Sultan Begum, born 1888, married
Nawabzada Abdus Samad
Khan of Najibabad, and had issue. She died February 1967.
- Sahibzadi Fakhar Begum, married
- Nawabzada Zamiruddin Ahmad Khan, died 1885.
Al-Haj Nawab Mirza Sir AMIRUDDIN AHMED KHAN Bahadur, 5th Nawab
of Loharu 1884/1920
born January 1860, he succeeded to the gadi on 31st October 1884, granted
salute of 9
guns on 1st January 1903, Member of Council of State, India, K.C.I.E.
C.I.E. [cr.1893], married (a), Akhtaree Begum, married (b), Jamila
Begum, married (c), Jamila Khatoon, and had issue. He died 1937.
- Sahibzada Muizuddin Ahmed Khan [Akbar Mirza], born 1885,
- Capt. HH Nawab Mirza Aizzuddin Ahmed Khan Fakharuddaula
(2nd son) (qv)
- Sahibzada Aizazuddin Ahmed Khan, born 1887, married
1stly, Bilqees Begum, daughter of Mirza Akbar Ali Khan, married 2ndly,
Suboree Begum, and had issue. He died 1957.
- Sahibzada Itimaduddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzada Masllahuddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzada Shamsher Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Fakhruddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzada Amiruddin Ahmed Khan, married and has issue.
- Sahibzada Sa’aduddin Ahmed Khan, married Sahibzadi
Anwari Begum from Rampur, and had issue.
- Sahibzadi Shamima Begum, died in Delhi at the age of
- Sahibzadi Rana Masud Khan, born 13th December 1953,
married Sahibzada Masud uz Zafar Khan of Najibabad, and has issue.
- Sahibzada Tariq Masud Khan
- Sahibzadi Mahwash Jehanzeb
- Sahibzada Faisal Masud Khan
- Sahibzada Mirza Noor ud Din Ahmed Khan, born 7th July
1961, married and has issue.
- Sahibzada Ruknuddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzadi Alezah Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzadi Marium Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzadi Roshnak Begum
- Sahibzadi Asifa Begum
- Sahibzadi Nawshaba Begum
- Sahibzada Rukanuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1888.
- Sahibzada Iftikhar Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Sher Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Mirza Aitizaduddin Ahmed Khan Barlasi, born
1899 at Maler
educated at Aitchison Chiefs’ College, Lahore and Mayo College, Ajmer;
joined the Indian (Imperial) Police Service in 1920; Nazim of Loharu
Superintendent of Police, Punjab; awarded the Indian Police Medal
for distinguished conduct; married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Asaduddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzada Aitizaduddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzada Izzatuddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzadi Saraskina Banu, (Begum of Loharu).
- Sahibzadi Nurjehan Banu
- Sahibzadi Fakhrunnisa Begum, married 1stly, Sheikh Husain
Mian of Mangrol, married 2ndly, Ibrahim Khan.
- Sahibzadi Bilqis Begum, married Nawab Ahmed Nawaz Khan of
Derah, and had issue, two sons.
- Nawabzada Allah Nawaz Khan
- Nawabzada Qayum Nawaz Khan
- Sahibzadi Shaher Bano (by Akhtaree Begum), married Nawab
Ibrahim Ali Khan of Pataudi.
- Sahibzadi Meher Bano (by Akhtaree Begum), married Nawab
Ghulam Qutbuddin Khan of Mamdot, died sp
- Sahibzadi Chamo Begum
- Sahibzadi Ruqqaiya Sultan, married Col. Zalnur Ali
Ahmed, and had issue.
- Shri Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed, born 13th
1905 in Hauz Qazi
area of Old Delhi; Barrister-at-law;
of the Assam Legislative Assembly 1935 and 1957/1966; Ministerin the
of Assam 1938/1939 and 1957/1966; Member of the Rajya Sabha 1954/1957
1966/1967; President of India 1974/1977; married 9th November 1945,
Abida Saheba, born 1924, and had issue, 2 sons and 1 daughter. He died
11th February 1977.
- Semina Shahin Khan, married
Dr. Aftab Ahmed
Khan, and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Dr. Pervez Ali Ahmed, married Dr. Anjum Agha.
- Justice Badar Durrez Ahmed, married
Nawabzadi Syeda Saba
Ali Khan (Syeda Kaneez-e-Sheharbano), daughter of HH Nawab Syed
Zulfiquar Ali Khan Sahib of Rampur, and
his wife, HH Nawab Mehtab Zamani Roshanara Noor Bano Begum Sahiba.
- Sahibzadi Tahera Begum (by Jamila Begum)
- Sahibzadi Nadera Begum (by Jamila Begum)
- Sahibzada Afzaluddin Ahmed Khan (by Jamila Khatoon)
- Maj. HH Nawab Mirza
AIZZUDDIN AHMAD Khan Bahadur Fakhr
ud-Daula [Azam Mirza], 6th Nawab of Loharu 1920/1926, born 1885,
1stly, HH Nawab Begum Zakia Sultana [Fakhar Begum], born 1880,
died 1916, married
2ndly, Khatija Sultan, and had issue. He died 1926.
- Capt. HH Nawab Mirza Aminuddin Ahmad Khan Bahadur
Fakharuddaula alias Shaharyar Mirza
- Sahibzada Hafiz Haji Mirza Moinuddin Ahmad alias
born 26th February 1912 in Delhi, educated at Aitchison Chiefs’
Lahore and St. Stephen’s College, Delhi (BA); awarded the King’s
Medal 1937, married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Suheiluddin Ahmed [Tughral
Mirza], born 1938.
- Sahibzada Mirza Salah ud-din Ahmed [Shahzaman
Mirza], married twice, and had issue, 8 children.
- Sahibzada Mirza Saba Uddin Ahmed
- Sahibzada Mirza Muazam Uddin Ahmed, married
Sultana, and has issue, two children.
- Sahibzadi Naureen Muazam, married Muzaffar Ali, son
Uzma Qutab (grand-daughter of Sail Sahib), and has issue, one daughter.
- Sahibzada Mirza Rameez Uddin Ahmed
- Sahibzada Jalal Ud-din Ahmed [Akbar Mirza],
married and has issue.
Mirza Bilal Ud-Din Ahmed
Mirza Tehzeeb Uddin Ahmed, married Sahibzadi Iqbal Jahan, and has issue.
Mirza Zamir Ud-Din Ahmed, born 7th July 1975 in Lahore, Pakistan,
married 26th December 2001 in Karachi, Pakistan, Sahibzadi Benish
Zamir, and has issue.
- Aanisha Zamir
- Mirza Emmad Ud-Din Ahmed
Unsia Bano Begum
Mirza Muftakhar Uddin Ahmed
Mirza Misbah Uddin Ahmed
- Sahibzadi Arhumand Bano Begum
- Sahibzadi Saeda Bano Begum
- Sahibzada Sherzaman Mirza
- Sahibzadi Haleema Bano (by Khatija Sultana)
HH Nawab Mirza AMINUDDIN AHMAD Khan Bahadur Fakharuddaula, 7th
Nawab of Loharu
23rd March 1911 in Delhi, educated at Aitchison Chiefs’ College,
Member of the Chamber of Princes, and was M.L.A. and later Public Works
Department Minister of Rajasthan from 1967 to 1976, Governor of
Pradesh 1977/1981, married five wives, including 2ndly, Shahzadi Sultan
Begum, married 5thly, HH Shaukat Jehan
(cousin of the Nawab of Jaora), and had issue. He died June 1983.
- Nawabzadi Mahbano Begum (by
Shahzadi Sultan Begum), born
24th July 1934 in Loharu, married in December 1956, H.E. Dr. Samiullah
M. Koreshi, Ambassador of Pakistan, and has issue. (Islamabad,
- HH Nawab Mirza Alauddin Ahmad Khan II [alias
Parvez Mirza] (by
Jehan Begum) (qv)
Noor Banu [Mehtab Zamani] (by Shaukat Jehan Begum), born 11th November
1939 in Loharu, educated at M.G.D. Girls Public School, Jaipur
member of the 11th Lok Sabha 1996, Member of the Consultative
Ministry of Home Affairs. Patron of the Naine Dev Foundation (Music)
Rampur Gharana (Music). Interested in doing research on historical,
Persian and Arabic books and documents. Leisure interests include
music, painting and gardening, tennis and swimming. Member of the
Wakf Council, Ministry of Welfare, 1993; the National Integration
Uttar Pradesh, 1993; the Maulana Azad Foundation, 1995-96; the Court of
the Aligarh Muslim University 1996; the Informal Consultation Committee
for Railway Zone (U.P) 1996-97; the Nainital Telephone Advisory
1996-97; and the Rampur Raza Library Board 1997. Chairperson of the
Social Welfare Advisory Board 1993 and the U.P. Mahila Samaj Kalyan
1994-95; Convenor, U.P. Members of Parliamentary Group of India
1996, married 2nd June 1956, Nawabzada Syed Zulfiqar Ali Khan of Rampur.
Mirza Aimaduddin Ahmad Khan Bahadur (alias Durru Mian) (by
Jehan Begum), born 29th June 1944 at Loharu, Haryana, educated at
St. Xavier School, Jaipur; Mayo College, Ajmer and Hindu College, Delhi
University. President, Indo-Kuwait Devania (Rajasthan Chapter);
Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee; Chairman of the Minority Board,
(with the rank of Minister of State) 1989/90 and of the Minority
Rajasthan, (with the rank of Minister of State), 1993; Former
Secretary, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Seva Dal; Founder Member,
for Amity and National Solidarity, New Delhi; was Member of the
committees, Central Waqf Council, Government of India, New Delhi,
P&T Advisory Committee, Jaipur Telephone Advisory Committee,
Azad Centenary Celebration Committee, Rajasthan and Legislative
Rajasthan, 1993/98; Life Member of the India Islamic Centre, New Delhi,
Indian Heritage Society, New Delhi, All India Muslim Educational
Chennai, Hindostani Manch, Jaipur and Indo-German Society, Jaipur;
of the Executive Committee, Ghalib Institute, New Delhi, All India
Committee, Rajasthan Pradesh Election Committee and Committee on
elected to the Rajya Sabha in July,1998. Clubs : Ashok Club, Jaipur.
reading; married 10th October 1979, Begum Fauzia Ahmad Khan, and has
including. (Loharu House, Civil
Jaipur-302006, Rajasthan, India)
- Sahibzadi Fareha Ahmad Khan, born 17th August
- Sahibzadi Farheen Ahmad Khan, born 15th December
- HH Nawab Mirza ALAUDDIN
AHMAD KHAN II [alias Parvez
Mirza], 8th Nawab of Loharu (see