|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Traditionally,
ancestor of the family was Bir Chand, Raja of Ajudhia. The state was
1600. Rulers were..
- Raja KANDOSI CHAND,
6th Thakur of Mahilog
- Raja UTTAM CHAND, Thakur
of Mahilog, he named his state Mahilog, married a sister
of the Raja
- Rana AJIT CHAND,
Thakur of Mahilog, he lost much of his state to Kangra.
- Thakur NAHAR CHAND,
Thakur of Mahilog -/1801, married the daughter of Raja
Bhup Sen of Keonthal, and had issue.
He died 1801.
- Mian Khushal Chand, married and had issue.
- Thakur SANSAR CHAND,
Thakur of Mahilog 1801/1849, fled to Nalagarh when the
Gurkhas invaded his state in 1803, received a sanad confirming him as ruler of
Mahilog on 4th September 1815. He died 1849.
- Tikka Jagat Chand, died vpsp.
- Thakur Dhalip Chand (qv)
- Kanwar Bir Singh, died sp.
- Kanwar Ganesh Singh, born 1841, died 1900.
- Thakur DHALIP CHAND,
Thakur of Mahilog 1849/1880, born 1829, married and had
- Rana Raghunath Chand (qv)
- Rana RAGHUNATH CHAND,
Thakur of Mahilog 1880/1902, born 1861/1866, succeeded
he was granted the title of Rana as a personal distinction in 1890,
1stly, Rani Rudar Devi of Raipur-Rani,
married 2ndly, Kumari (name unknown)
from Theog, married
daughter of Raja Bijay Singh of Dada-Siba,
1918, married 4thly, a Kumari from Sirmur, and
had issue. He died 16th September 1902.
- Thakur Durga Chand (by Rani Rudar Devi) (qv)
- Kumari Darshan Kumari (by Rani Rudar Devi), married Capt.
Krishanpal Singh of Awagarh, and had
issue. She died 1964.
- Kanwar Shiv Singh (by 2nd marriage), born 1899, died
- Kumari Prathiba Kumari [Rani Prathiba Kumari of
Nalagarh], married Raja
Jogendra Singh of Nalagarh, and had
issue. She died January 1972.
- Kumari (name unknown),
married Capt. Kanwar Shamsher Singh of Bilaspur.
She died 1958.
- Thakur DURGA CHAND,
Thakur of Mahilog 1902/1934, born 5th April 1898 (1900),
educated at Aitchison Chiefs’ College, Lahore; married 1918, Thakurani
Purnima Manjree, daughter of Raja Bir Sher Jodhi Singh of Barpali, born
1902, died December 1932, and had
issue. He died 16th December 1934.
- Thakur Narendra Chand (qv)
- Kumari Amar Manjree Devi, married Maharaj Raghubir Singh
- Kanwar Mohinder Singh, born 6th April 1928 in Shimla,
died unmarried March 1945 in Shimla.
- Kanwar Ravinder Singh, married Kanwarani Yashoda Kumari,
daughter of Kanwar Gopal Singh
of Baghat, and his wife, Kanwarani
Deviwati, and had issue.
- Kumari Durgesh Nandini, born 1960, married Rajkumar
of Jodhpur, and has issue, two
- Thakur NARENDRA CHAND,
Thakur of Mahilog 1934/2011, born 5th October 1921,
educated at Aitchison Chiefs’ College,
Lahore and a graduate of Cambridge University; granted full ruling
powers in 1942, former President of the Doon Congress Committee for
several years and non-official member of various boards and
corporations; married 1stly, 6th April
1942, Thakurani Parkash Devi, daughter of Thakur Nachint Chand Katoch
of Alelal-Bijapur, and his wife,
Thakurani Har Devi, married 2ndly,
30th July 1963, Thakurani
Sabha Devi, daughter of Kanwar Mangal Singh of Koti, and his wife,
Kanwarani Padmawati, and has issue. He died 22nd January 2011.
- Thakur Lalitindra Chand (qv)
- Kunwar Karaminder Singh, married 1stly, (div.), Kunwarani
Chattar Kumari, daughter of Thakur Kesri Singh of Kanota, married
2ndly, Kunwarani Bimla Devi, daughter of Kanwar Baldev Singh of Behli
in Kunihar, and his wife, Kanwarani Ram Devi, and had issue.
- Kunwar Kurminder Singh, married Kunwarani Dimple
Kumari, born 1976, daughter of Raja Krishen Singh of [?Kotkhai], and
his wife, Rani
Pushpa Devi, and has issue.
- Hitendra Singh, born 6th April 1998 in Solan.
- Thakur LALITINDRA CHAND,
Thakur of Mahilog (see above)
- Kanwar Narender Singh, married Kumari Shanta Devi, daughter
Kanwar Fateh Singh of Rawingarh, and