|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Founded
in 1778, Maihar was located in the Bundelkhand Agency, Central India
States. The family apparently migrated from Alwar in the 17th or 18th
century with Bhim Singh, and obtained land from the Orchha chief.
- Thakur BENISINHJI,
1st Thakur Saheb of Maihar 1778/1788,
born 1719, grandson of Bhim Singh, became
Raja Hindupat of Orchha, who granted him the territory that now forms
of the Maihar tehsil in 1778, which originally was part of Rewah, he
numerous tanks and buildings, married and had issue. He died 1788.
- Thakur Rajdharsinhji Benisinhji (qv)
- Thakur Durjansinhji Benisinhji (qv)
- Thakur RAJDHARSINHJI
BENISINHJI, 2nd Thakur Saheb of Maihar
1788/1790, born about 1765, his lands were occupied by
Banda, married and had issue. He died 1790.
- Thakur DURJANSINHJI
BENISINHJI, 3rd Thakur Saheb of Maihar
1790/1825, born 1766, Durjan
from the British Government in 1806 and 1814, confirming him in the
possession of his
the state was divided between his two sons after his death, married and
had issue. He died 1825.
- Thakur Bishansinhji Durjansinhji (qv)
- Thakur Pragdasji Durjansinhji of Kunwara, served as
Kamdar to the Raja
of Panna in 1829; obtained Bijai Raghogarh of 1,036sq. kms. in 1826,
owing to the rebellion of the chief; married and had issue. He died
- Thakur Surjuprasadji Pragdasji of Bijai Raghogarh
- Thakur BISHANSINHJI
DURJANSINHJI, 4th Thakur Saheb of
1826/1850, born 1797, the Bengal
in 1828/1831, recognized the right of the Thakur Sahib to the
Taluka of Khatoli which had been leased to Lal Jagmohan Singh, Jagirdar of Simeria and a
tributary of the Raja of Rewa; married
- Thakur Mohanprasadsinhji Bishansinhji (qv)
- Thakur MOHANPRASADSINHJI
BISHANSINHJI, 5th Thakur Saheb of
Maihar 1850/1852, born 1816, married and
had issue. He died 1852.
- Raja Raghubirsinhji Mohanprasadsinhji (qv)
- Raja RAGHUBIRSINHJI
MOHANPRASADSINHJI, 6th Raja Saheb of
born 1843 (#1),
succeeded 1852, Raja [cr.1869] (Hereditary), a personal salute of 9
was granted on 1st January 1877 and made hereditary in 1878; married
and had issue.
He died 1908.
- Raja Jadubirsinhji Raghubirsinhji (qv)
- Raja Randhirsinhji Raghubirsinhji (qv)
- Raja JADUBIRSINHJI
RAGHUBIRSINHJI, 7th Raja Saheb of Maihar
1908/1910, born 1864, died sp
7th January 1910.
- Raja RANDHIRSINHJI
RAGHUBIRSINHJI, 8th Raja Saheb of Maihar
1910/1911, born 1865,
married and had issue. He died 15th December 1911.
- HH Maharaja Sir Brijnathsinhji Randhirsinhji Ju Deo
- Kunwar Brijdeosinhji Randhirsinhji
- HH Maharaja Sir
BRIJNATHSINHJI RANDHIRSINHJI Ju Deo Bahadur
Maharaja Saheb of Maihar 1911/1968 ,
1896 (#2), he was granted the title of
Maharaja [193x]; married nine wives, including
(a), HH Maharani Surendra Kumari Devi, daughter of the Maharaj Chhatar
Semalia in Rajasthan, married (b), HH Maharani Brinda Devi, daughter of
Maharaja Danganjan Singh Deo of Patna,
married (c), Maharani Tej Kumari, married (d), a daughter of Thakore
Shri Daulatsinhji of Dhrol, she died
issue, three sons
and five daughters. He died 13th October 1968.
- HH Maharaja Govind Singh Ju Deo Bahadur (by HH Maharani
- Maharajkumar Ram Chandra Singh (by HH Maharani Surendra
Kumari Devi), born 4th November 1933.
- Maharajkumari Mahendra Kumari Devi (by HH Maharani
Surendra Kumari Devi), married Raja Jagdish Pratap Sahi of Deara Raj in
Sultanpur District, Oudh, U.P., and had issue.
- Maharajkumar Narayan Singh Judeo, third son, M.L.A.
(Maihar); married Rajkumari Sarat Kumari Devi, daughter of Raja Saheb
Anirudh Pratap Narayan Singh of Padrauna,
and has issue, four children.
- Rajkumari Sharda Kunwar, born 18th June 1968, married
2nd May 1986 in Salempur, Kunwar Sanjay Singh of
Salempur, Azamgarh, and has issue.
- Kumari Rajlaxmi Singh
- Kumari Rajeswari Singh
- Bhanwar Rudra Raj Singh
- Rajkumari Jayanti Kunwar
- Rajkumar Brij Raj Singh Judeo
- Rajkumari Jyoti Kunwar
- Kanwarani Rajendra Kumari, born 5th November 1943,
married 20th June
Kanwar Rajendra Singh of Bashahr, and
- Maharajkumari Shakuntala Kumari (by HH Maharani Brinda
Devi), married Rajkumar Narayan Singh of Chamba, and had issue.
- Maharajkumari Narendra Kumari (by Maharani Tej Kumari),
born in Jabalpur, married 17th June 1966 at Labhowa, Rana Surendra
Singh Jhala of Labhowa (see Chuda), and
has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Rajkumari Yogeshwari Devi, born 5th August 1968,
married Mr. Krishnakant Sharma of Ahmedabad, and has issue, two
- Miss Twinkle Sharma
- Miss Ritu Sharma
- Rana Hanumant Singh Jhala, born 26th October
- HH Maharaja GOVIND SINGH
Ju Deo Bahadur, 10th Maharaja
Saheb of Maihar 1968/1981, born
1924, married 1stly, HH
Yaduvansh Kumari, daughter of
Bhupinder Singh Mahendra Bahadur of Patiala,
and his wife, HH Maharani Vimal Kaur, married 2ndly, HH Maharani Kanak
Kumari, and had issue, as well as futher issue by secondary wives,
including Rani Giriraj Kumari. He died 1981.
- Maharajkumari Durgesh Kumari (by Maharani
Yaduvansh Kumari), married Jitender Rangar,
and has issue, two sons.
- Kumar Dhawanender Rangar
- Kumar Dheerander Rangar
- Maharajkumari Kaushalindra Kumari (by Maharani
Yaduvansh Kumari), married Man Mohan
Singh Puri, and has issue, three daughters.
- Kumari Ketki Singh
- Kumari Gauri Singh
- Kumari Jyoti Singh
- Maharajkumari Mithalindra Kumari (by Maharani
Yaduvansh Kumari), married Madhukar Gupta,
and has issue, a son and a daughter.
- Kumari Bhavana Gupta
- Kumar Shivashish Gupta
- HH Maharaja Shrimant Saheb Charnamirit Singh Ju Deo
Bahadur (by Maharani Kanak Kumari) (qv)
- Maharajkumari Shailendra Kumari (by Maharani Kanak Kumari)
- Maharajkumar Raghuvir Singh (by Rani Giriraj Kumari),
born 26th June 1969 at New Delhi, married 22nd May 1997 in Bikaner,
Kaurani Ambika Kumari, and has issue.
Kumar Yashwardhan Singh, born 2001.
Kumar Harshwardhan Singh, born 2002.
- HH Maharaja Shrimant Saheb
CHARNAMIRIT SINGH Ju Deo
Bahadur, 11th Maharaja Saheb of Maihar
1981/- , born 1965, married HH
Shreemati Maharani Kaviteshwari Devi, eldest daughter of Shrimant Raja
Narendra Singhji of Jamnia, and his
wife, Shreemati Rani Kanak Devi, and had issue, one son and one
- HH Maharaja Shrimant Saheb Aksayraj Singh Ju Deo Bahadur
- Maharajkumari Vigyani Kumari, married 2010 at Maihar
Samarendra Shekhar Deo, Raja Saheb of Gangpur.
- HH Maharaja Shrimant Saheb
AKSAYRAJ SINGH Ju Deo Bahadur
The help of Deepak Aggarwal is gratefully acknowledged,