|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
state was founded in 1454 when Sheikh Sadruddin Sadr-i-Jahan married a
daughter of Sultan Bahlul Lodi of Delhi (1451/1489), and was given 68
villages near Ludhiana in jagir. Bayezid Khan (died 1657) was the first
founder of the Princely State. The state ranked 12th in the Punjab
Darbar (1890). Rulers were…
- Sheikh SADRUDDIN Sadr-i-Jahan 1454/1508
- Khan MUHAMMED SHAH 1538/1545
- Khwaja MADUD KHAN 1545/1566
- Khan FATEH MUHAMMED KHAN 1566/1600
- Nawab BAYEZID KHAN 1600/1657, died 1657.
- Nawab FEROZ KHAN 1657/1672
- Nawab SHER MUHAMMED KHAN 1672/1712, married and had issue,
- Nawab GHULAM HUSAIN KHAN 1712/1717
- Nawab JAMAL KHAN 1717/1755, married and had issue, five
- Nawab BHIKAN KHAN (qv)
- Nawab BAHADUR KHAN (qv)
- Nawab UMAR KHAN (qv)
- Nawab ASADULLAH KHAN (qv)
- Nawab ATAULLAH KHAN (qv)
- Nawab BHIKAN KHAN 1755/1763, married and had issue.
- Nawab WAZIR ALI KHAN (qv)
- Nawabzada Fateh Khan, married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Faizullah Khan
- Sahibzada Faiz Talab Khan, married and had issue.
- Nawab BAHADUR KHAN 1763/1766, married and had issue.
- Nawabzada Himat Khan, married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Rustam Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Faiz Ali KHan
- Nawabzada Dalel Khan, married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Ghulam Muhammed Khan, he contested for the
Maler Kotla gaddi in 1871, but was overlooked; married and had
He died 1877.
- Sahibzada Ahsan Ali Khan, he served as a Viceregal
Darbari of the Dehli Division; married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Muhammed Mohsan Ali Khan, died 1888.
- Khan Muhammed Ihsan Ali Khan, born 1890, educated
College, Lahore; married and had issue.
- Khan Hassan Ali Khan, married a daughter of the
of Kunjpura in
- Sahibzada Bakar Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Muhammed Ali Khan
- The Hon. Nawab Sir Zulfiqar Ali Khan, born August
1873, Kt., C.S.I.
[cr.1911], educated at Aitchison Chiefs’ College, Lahore; appointed
Extra-Assistant Commissioner at Ludhiana, but resigned in 1895; Member,
Punjab Chiefs’ Association; Member of the Legislative Council of His
Excellency the Viceroy 1910/-; Chief Minister, Patiala State; married
and had issue. He died 26th May 1933.
- Honourable Nawabzada Khurshid Ali Khan, born 1909
at Aitchison Chiefs’ College, Lahore and at Cambridge Preparatory
Dehra Dun then privately in England.
- Begum Saheba Kudsia, born 2nd April 1909; M.L.A.
Pradesh) 1937/1952 and 1969/1990; Member, Constituent
Assembly 1946/1950; Member of
Parliament 1950/1952; Member of the Rajya Sabha 1952/1956
and 1962/1968; Minister, Social Welfare and Minorities 1969/1971. She
had been the president/office bearer
of almost all women’s
voluntary organizations like All India Women’s Conference, Council of
Welfare, Council of Moral and Social Hygiene and Council of University
Women etc. In the field of education she contributed her full might to
spread it particularly among girls. She was the president of Karamat
Muslim Girls Degree College Lucknow, I.R. College, Sandila and Aizaz
Degree College, Sandila. President of the All India Women’s Hockey
Association for twenty years. She was also the chairperson of UP
Commission 1979/1989, married Nawab Syed Aizaz Rasul
of Sandila, and had issue, two sons and two daughters. She died 1st
2001 and was laid to rest with full state honours at her ancestral
in Sandila, near Lucknow.(#2)
- Sahibzada Yusuf Ali Khan
- Sahibzada (name unknown), married HH Nawab MUHAMMED
IBRAHIM ALI KHAN (see below).
- Nawab UMAR KHAN 1766/1780, married and had issue.
- Nawabzada Hasain Khan, married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Sultan Khan
- Sahibzada Torabaz Khan
- Nawab ASADULLAH KHAN 1780/1784, married and had issue. He
- Nawabzada Muhammed Ali Khan
- Nawab ATAULLAH KHAN 1784/1810, married and had issue. He
- Nawabzada Rahmat Ali Khan, married and had issue. He died
- Sahibzada Muhammed Dilawar Ali Khan, married and had
issue. He died 1861.
- HH Nawab MUHAMMED IBRAHIM ALI KHAN (qv)
- Sahibzada Inayat Ali Khan, Aide-de-Camp during the
Afghan War in the staff of General John Watson; married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Muhammed Abdullah Khan, died 1889.
- Sahibzada Sadat Ali Khan
- Nawabzada Fazal Ali Khan
- Nawabzada Amam Ali Khan
- Nawab WAZIR ALI KHAN 1810/1821, married and had issue.
- Nawab AMIR ALI KHAN 1821/1845, married and had issue.
- Nawab MAHBUB ALI KHAN (qv)
- Nawab MAHBUB ALI KHAN 1845/1859, married Nawab Maher Begum,
- Nawab SIKANDER ALI KHAN (qv)
- Nawab SIKANDER ALI KHAN 1859/1871, he was granted a sanad
of adoption in 1861; married and had issue, as well as adoptive issue.
He died 1871.
- Nawabzada Ghaus Muhammed Khan, died vpsp.
- Nawabzada Roshan Ali Khan, died vpsp.
- (A) HH Nawab MUHAMMED IBRAHIM ALI KHAN (qv)
- HH Nawab MUHAMMED IBRAHIM ALI KHAN 1871/1908, born 1857
(1858), succeeded 16th July 1871 (#1),
married a daughter of Sahibzada Ghulam Muhammed Khan, and had issue. He
- Nawabzada Ishaq Ali Khan, died 1884.
- Lt.Col. HH Nawab Sir MUHAMMED AHMAD ALI KHAN Bahadur (qv)
- Nawabzada Muhammed Ali Khan
- Lt.Col. HH Nawab Sir MUHAMMED AHMAD ALI KHAN Bahadur
[cr.1915], K.C.I.E. [cr.1921], born 10th September 1881 and
23rd August 1908, Lieutenant Colonel (Indian Army). Died 16th
- HH Nawab IFTIKHAR ALI KHAN 1947/1982 , MLA, married 4thly
HH Nawab Sajida Begum,
MLA, (married 2ndly, Haji Anwer Ahmed Khan). He died sp 1982.