|Predecessors and Short History: A
Class Princely State, the Ruling Family is descended from the same stem
as that of the Kutch and Morvi Houses. Kanyaji, the founder of the
State had eight sons of whom Modaji, the sixth son, received in
Malia with three other villages in Machhu Kantha and Vandhia with
others in Vagad. Modji desiring to throw off allegiance to the parent
imported the Mianas, a criminal tribe from Sindh and induced them to
within his territory. With their aid, he seized several other villages
in Machhu Kantha and established a separate Chiefdom. The rule of
is by Primogeniture. The State had the following powers; Criminal:
year’s rigorous imprisonment and fines to the extent of 5,000Rs,
To the extent of 10,000Rs.PREDECESSORS:
- Thakore Sahib KANYAJI
RAVAJI, founder of Morvi in 1697,
representing the senior-most
branch of the Jadeja Rajputs, son of Jam Ravaji
Rayadhanji of Kutch,
married and had issue.
- Kumar Shri Tejmalji Kanyaji, married Kumari Shri
Pamba Sahiba, daughter of Raj Sahib Jaswantsinhji Gajsinhji of Dhrangadhra,
and his third wife, Rani
Phuljiba Sahiba. He
- Thakore Sahib Aliaji Kanyaji, succeeded in Morvi.
- Kumar Shri Bhimji Kanyaji of Gugan, with the villages of
Jetpur [Machhu] and Sultanpur at Morvi.
- Kumar Shri Lakhaji Kanyaji of Lakadia, Nagdavas, Gharana,
Bahadurgadh at Morvi and Manaba (Vagad) etc.
- Kumar Shri Raysangji Kanyaji of Kumbharia (Vagad).
- Thakore Saheb Modaji Kanyaji, sixth son,
married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Nathaji Modaji (see below)
- Thakore Saheb Devaji Modaji (see below)
- Kumar Shri Ranmalji Kanyaji of Kumbharia (Machhu) and
- Kumar Shri Ramsangaji Kanyaji of Jangi (Vagad).
- Thakore Saheb DEVAJI MODAJI,
1st Thakore Sahib of Malia, he was the younger son
received Malia, Khakhrechi and
Vadharava in Machhukantha, as well as the Bhimadevka area of Fulpara
– Sikarpur in Vagad, he chose to remain in Vadharva thikana, with
looking after affairs in Malia, an arrangement which continued till
independence, he married and
had issue, four surviving sons.
- Kumar Shri Vajesangji Devaji, overlooked in the
succession in Vadharva, but was compensated with a share in the jagir
which was divided into five parts.
- Kumar Shri Agarsinhji Devaji of Vadharva, received two of
five shares in the jagir, as the successor in Vadharva.
- Thakore Saheb NATHAJI
MODAJI, 2nd Thakore Sahib of Malia, his
younger brother succeeded in Malia, and in an
arrangement he was granted Wandhia and several villages, and eventually
succeeded in Malia when his brother and his sons opted to stay in
Vadharva, he married and had issue, nine sons.
- Thakore Saheb Vibhaji Nathaji (qv)
- Thakore Saheb VIBHAJI
NATHAJI, 3rd Thakore Sahib of Malia, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Dosaji Vibhaji (qv)
- Thakore Saheb DOSAJI
VIBHAJI, 4th Thakore Sahib of Malia 1802/1810, married and had
- Thakore Saheb Sataji Dosaji (qv)
- Rani Ram Kunwarba Sahiba, married (as his sixth wife),
Raj Sahib Amarsinhji
Raisinhji of Dhrangadhra.
- Thakore Saheb SATAJI DOSAJI,
5th Thakore Sahib of Malia, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Mulvaji Sataji (qv)
- Kumar Kaliansinhji Sataji of Khiraj.
- Kumar Jalamsinhji Sataji of Vardusar.
- Thakore Saheb MULVAJI
SATAJI, 6th Thakore Sahib of Malia -/1875, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Modji Mulvaji (qv)
- Kumar Lagdhiraji Mulvaji, married and had issue.
- Kumar Nathaji Lagdhiraji
- Kumar Bhimsinhji Lagdhiraji
- Thakore Saheb MODJI MULVAJI,
7th Thakore Sahib of Malia 1875/1907, born 1st July 1846,
and had issue. He died 20th October 1907.
- Thakore Saheb Raisinhji Modji (qv)
- Kumar Abhaisinhji Modji
- Thakore Saheb RAISINHJI
MODJI, 8th Thakore Sahib of Malia 1907/1930, born 14th February
20th October 1907, married Bai Shri Bakunverba, daughter of Rana Shri
of Vanod, and had issue.
- Yuvraj Saheb Gumansinhji Raisinhji, married and had
issue. He died vp
- Thakore Saheb Harishchandrasinhji Gumansinhji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Narendrasinhji Gumansinhji
- Kumar Shri Rajendrasinhji Gumansinhji
- Kumar Shri Bharatsinhji Raisinhji
- Kumar Shri Balvirsinhji Raisinhji, married and had issue.
- Kumar Shri Surendrasinhji Balvirsinhji
- Thakore Saheb
HARISHCHANDRASINHJI GUMANSINHJI, 9th Thakore Saheb of Malia
Kunwarba Sahiba, daughter of Thakore S. Sinhji of Adpur, and his wife, Thakorani
Sahiba, and had
- Thakore Saheb Bhupendrasinhji Harishchandrasinhji (qv)
- Kumari Shri Premila Kuvarba Saheb, married Kumar Shri
Balwantsinhji Sahebsinhji of Gangad, and has issue.
- Kumar Shri Raghuvirsinhji Balwantsinhji
- Thakore Saheb
BHUPENDRASINHJI HARISHCHANDRASINHJI, 10th Thakore Saheb of Malia