|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: This
the Mann tribe, had been resident at Mananwala in Amritsar
District for many generations, when in 1720, the village was plundered
and destroyed, Tara Singh abandoned it and settled with his family at
- Tara Singh, he abandoned Mananwala in 1720 and with a band
of horsemen, he seized and held several villages in Amritsar district
till his death, married and had issue.
- Sardar Karam Singh, he joined the Bhangi misl and
acquired jagirs in the Lahore, Sialkot and Amritsar districts, he
rebuilt Mananwala and took up his residence there, married and had
- Sardar Ram Singh, he and his brother left the Bhangi
misl and joined with Sardar Mahan Singh Sukerchakia, married and had
issue, an only daughter. He died 1788.
- Bibiji Sada Kaur, married Sardar Sobha Singh
Halluwalia, son of Sardar Bhag Singh Halluwalia, a Bhangi Sardar, he
had built Kila Sobha Singh in Sialkot district.
- Sardar Sham Singh, he succeeded to the whole estate on
his brothers death, but in 1790 all the estate was confiscated by
Sardar Mahan Singh Sukerchakia, except for Mananwala and Ralliabadho,
married and had issue.
- Sardar Fateh Singh, he served in the Kangra campaign
in 1809, at Daskah, where he was wounded, at Chunian and at Sahiwal
where he was appointed Commandant and remained for a year; he fought at
Attock in 1813 and in the Kashmir expedition of 1814, then at Multan in
1818 and Kashmir again in 1819, his estates were confiscated again in
1820, but he received new ones in December 1821, he went to
Peshawar in 1834 and remained in service there till 1839, married
Bibiji (name unknown) Kaur,
sister of Sardar Nar Singh Aimahwala, and had issue. He was killed 28th
February 1845, apparently on the orders of Maharaja Gulab Singh of
- Bibiji Kakoh Kaur, married Sardar Ajit Singh
Sandhanwalia (see Lahore), died in
September 1843. She committed sati
in September 1843.
- Sardar Sardul Singh, born 1810, he served under
General Ventura in 1840-1841 in the Mandi campaign and at the siege and
capture of Kamlaghar; and married and had issue.
- Bibiji Partab Kaur, married Sardar Isar Singh
- Bibiji Nihal Kaur, married Sardar Kishan Singh
- Partab Singh, born 1834. married and had issue.
- Bibiji Gulab Kaur, married a son of Sardar Kharak
Singh of Jalandhar.
- Jiun Singh, born 1852.
- Bibiji (name
married Sardar Jiun Singh Attariwala,
- Sardar Jowala Singh, married and had issue. He died
- Raja Singh, born 1836, married and had issue.
- (name unknown)
- Hira Singh, born 1838.
- Bibiji (name unknown)
Sardar Lakha Singh Awan.