MANDAWA – line one
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Mandawa
became the appanage of the third and fourth sons of Thakur Narsinghdas
of Nawalgarh in 1791. Estate holders were…..
- Thakur PADAM SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1791/1823, granted the Tazim
in 1806, married Thakurani Jatan Kanwar of Rian,
and had issue. He died
8th December 1823.
- Thakur GOPAL SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1823/1848, born 1795, married Thakurani
Amrit Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Ranjit Singh of Kuchaman, and his wife, Thakurani
Raj Kanwar, and had issue. He died
- Thakur Rampratap Singh (qv)
- Thakur Jawahar Singh, married and had issue. He died
- Thakur Sabal Singh, died sp 1866.
- Thakur RAMPRATAP SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1848/1854, born 1818, married 1stly,
Kanwar of Balunda, died sp
1844, married 2ndly, Thakurani Gyan
of Chandawal, and had issue, two
sons by 2nd marriage. He died
30th September 1854.
- Thakur JAIT SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1854/1905, born 27th May 1851, married
Kanwar of Bhadran, and had issue. He died 12th July 1905.
- Kunwar Gordhan Singh, died young.
- Kunwar Bahadur Singh, adopted by Thakur Berisal Singh of Mukangarh.
- Thakur AJIT SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1854/1900, born 1853, Judge of the
married Thakurani Suraj Kanwar of Kharwa,
and had issue. He died 1900.
- Thakur Chattersal Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Roop Singh, born 1877, he was adopted to Nawalgarh in
- Baiji Lal (name unknown) [Maharni Sahiba of
karauli], married Maharaja Bhanwar Pal Deo of Karauli.
- Thakur CHATTERSAL SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1900/-, born 1873, married
of Bhadran. He died sp.
- Thakur INDER SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1905/1946, born 20th January 1881,
Thakurani Suraj Kanwar of Ledi, married 2ndly, Thakurani Sobhag Kanwar
of Natwada, and had issue. He died 1946.
- Baiji Lal Ballabh Kanwar [Thakurani Ballabh Kanwar of
Bidwal], married 1916 at Mandawa, Thakur
- Thakur BHIM SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1946/1993, born 6th October 1924, adopted
by his predecessor, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer and Agriculture
Allahabad; Deputy Minister in Rajasthan Government, member of the 7th
Sabha, married 1944, Thakurani Krishna Kumari, daughter of Thakur Umed
Singh of Shyamgarh, and had
He died 1993.
- Baiji Lal Chandra Prabha [Thakurani Chandra Prabha of
Dhamotar], married Thakur Digvijay Singh
of Dhamotar, and has issue.
- Baiji Lal Kusum Kumari, married Raja Prem Singh of
- Baiji Lal Nirmala Kumari [Kunwarani Sahib Nirmala
Kumari of Amla], married Kanwar Jitendra Singh
of Amla, and has issue, two sons.
- Baiji Lal Archana Kumari, married Col. Karan Singh of
- Thakur DURGA SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1993/-, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer
and Rajasthan College
(B.Sc. Ag.), married Thakurani Usha Kumari, daughter of Maharaj
Rajendra Singhji of Amla,
and has issue. (Mandawa
Sansar Chandra Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan)
- Capt. Kunwar Nirbhay Singh, currently (2008) a commercial
airline pilot; married 22nd November 2008, Bai Sahiba Yuvragi Kumari,
daughter of Thakur Bharat Sen Singhji Rathore of Hariadana, Jodhpur.
MANDAWA – line two
- Thakur GYAN SINGH, joint Thakur of
Mandawa 1791/1823, granted the Tazim in 1806, married Thakurani
daughter of Thakur Sher Singh of
and had issue. He died 1823.
- Thakur Madho Singh (qv)
- Thakur Awaz Singh of Barwasi, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Agar Singh of Barwasi, died sp in 1863.
- Kunwar Karan Singh
- Kunwar Mangal Singh
- Kunwar Shivnath Singh
- Kunwar Jagat Singh
- Thakur MADHO SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1823/1846, married Thakurani Suraj
Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Budh Singh Bidawat of Harasar
died 1866, and had issue. He died 13th December 1846.
- Thakur ANAND SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1846/1884, born 19th January 1834,
Gopal Kanwar of Alaniyawas, and had
issue. He died 3rd June 1884.
- Thakur Bhagwant Singh (qv)
- Thakur Hari Singh (qv)
- Rani Takhat Kanwar, married 8th July 1878, Maharaj Jawan
Singh of Kishangarh.
- Thakur BHAGWANT SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1884/1901, born 26th
November 1860, married Thakurani Suraj Kanwar, daughter of Thakur
Chiman Singh of Santha,
died 12th December 1915, and had issue. He died 2nd January 1901.
- Thakurani Sobhag Kanwar [Saubhagya Kumari], born 27th
January 1888, married
1906, as his second wife, Raja Fateh Singh, Thakur Sahib of Asope, and had issue, four daughters.
- Thakurani Lad Kanwar, born 4th December 1889, married the
Thakur Sahib of Neemaj.
- Thakur Ram Singh (qv)
- Thakur RAM SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1901/1904, born 30th September
1893, died 1st
- Thakur HARI SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1884/1924, born 17th
1869, married 1stly, Thakurani Sirey Kanwar of Bakhri, died sp in 1865, married 2ndly,
Thakurani Juwar Kanwar of Jawala, and had issue, two sons
and two daughters. He died 23rd February 1924.
- Thakur Jai Singh (qv)
- Rawal Madan Singh, he was adopted to Nawalgarh.
- Rani Inder Kanwar, born 1900, married 1919, Maharaj
Amar Singh of Jodhpur.
- Thakurani Sajjan Kanwar, born 1920, married 8th March
1938, Thakur Govind Singh
of Chandawal. She died sp 25th March
- Thakur JAI SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1924/1994, born 4th September 1903,
he succeeded to Mandawa on 6th October 1924, married 4th March
1918, Thakurani Gulab Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Durjan Singhji of Daspan,
and his third wife, Thakurani Bhatiyanijisa Nasoli, and had issue. He
died 12th September 1994.
- Thakur Devi Singh (qv)
- Thakur Bhim Singh, born 6th October 1924, adopted in June
Inder Singh of Mandawa-Senior, see above.
DEVI SINGH, joint Thakur of Mandawa 1994/1999, born 29th March
1922, B.A., MP for Jhunjhunu,
of Rajasthan Kshatriya Mahasabha, Chairman of Jaipur Rajput Sabha,
in Sawai Jai Singh Benevolent Trust, Trustee in Sood Sadovrat Trust,
of the Advisory Committee of Rajasthan University, Member of the
Legislative Assembly 1952/1957 and the Rajya Sabha 1964/1970; Secretary
of the Rajasthan Swatantra Party 1962/1964, married 2nd February 1941,
Thakurani Sajjan Kunwar, daughter of Rao Saheb Vijay Singh of Masuda, and had
issue, four sons. He died January 1999.
- Thakur Bhanu Prakash Singh, born 30th March 1943,
succeeded as Tikai Thakur of the Junior
Mandawa in January 1999, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer; married 2nd
Thakurani Sarita Kumari, daughter of Maj. Thakur Rajendra Pal Singh of
- Thakur Kesari Singh, born 6th March 1946, educated at
and Delhi University (B.A. Hons.); married 10th July 1967, Thakurani
Kumari, daughter of Kumar Shri Ghanshyamsinhji Chavda of Mansa, and has issue, one son and two
- Kunwar Shiv Arjun Singh, married 14th February 2009,
Kanwarani Chandrika Kumari, born 2nd December
1987, daughter of Maharaj Vijayvardhan Singh of Vijaynagar, and his wife, Rani Asha
- Baiji Lal Geetanjali Kumari [Kanwarani Geetanjali
Kanwar of Tehri-Garhwal], married 30th May 1999, Kanwar Nripendra
Bikram Shah of Tehri-Garhwal, and
has issue, three children.
- Baiji Lal Priyanjali Kumari, married Kanwar Abhiudaya
Chand Katoch of Kangra-Lambagraon.
- Thakur Randhir Vikram Singh, born 22nd March 1953 at
educated at Mayo
Ajmer and then graduated from the Faculty of Fine Arts, M. S.
University of Baroda where
he earned his B.A. in Fine Arts (Painting), General secretary of the
Indian Heritage Hotels Association, Member of the General Council and
Board of Governors of the Mayo College, Ajmer; married 10th May 1978 in
Ajmer; Thakurani Manjul Kumari, daughter of Col. Rajkumar Guman Singh
and his wife Rajkumar-Rani Anand
Kunwar, and has issue.
- Baisaheb Rohini Singh, married 12th December 2008,
Kunwar Siddharth Singh, son of Thakur Mahavir Singh of Ghanerao.
- Baisaheb Niyati Kumari
- Thakur Pradyuman Singh, born 11th October 1954, educated
Ajmer; married 1979, Thakurani Hemant Kanwar, daughter of Kanwar Sahib
Sher Singh of Chamba, and his wife,
Kanwarani Bijaya Kumari, and has issue, two sons.
- Kunwar Anirudh Singh, born 1980 in Jaipur, married 30th
April 2005, Baisaheb Namrata Kumari, daughter of Thakur Himmat Singh of
- Kunwar Angad Deo, born 1982 in Jaipur.
- Kunwar Anirudh Singh son of Thakur Pradumn Singh