|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: A
Class state founded about 1400. The rulers claim descent from the Ranas
of Chittor about 1300. The Raja is first in order of precedence within
the agency. Rulers were…
- Rana BHAIRAVJI
[Bosaji], 1st Rana of Mudhol, granted the Jagir of Mudhol,
on the 25th, Rabilaval, 800H, with this ruler the
came to use Bhosale or Bhonsle as a family name, married and had issue.
He died after 800H (ca1394).
- Rana Devraj Singh (qv)
- Shri Karan Singh, died 815H
- Rana DEVRAJ SINGH,
2nd Rana of Mudhol c1394/c1420, married and had issue. He
- Rana Ugrasen (qv)
- Shri Pratap Singh, died after 1460.
- Rana UGRASEN, 3rd
Rana of Mudhol c1420/1453, married and had issue. He died
- Rana Karan Singh (qv)
- Shri Shubha Krishna, he was granted a jagir in Mirat
retained Bhonsle as their family name and were ancestors of the rulers
of Kolhapur, Nagpur, Sattara and Tanjore.
- Rana KARAN SINGH,
4th Rana of Mudhol 1453/1469, married and had issue.
- Raja BHIM SINGH,
5th Raja of Mudhol 1469/- , he was granted the title of Raja
henceforth his successors used Raja as their title, and Ghorpade as
family name, married and had issue.
- Raja Kheloji Ghorpade (qv)
- Raja KHELOJI GHORPADE,
6th Raja of Mudhol -/1514, married and had issue.
- Raja Maloji Ghorpade I (qv)
- Raja MALOJI GHORPADE I,
7th Raja of Mudhol 1514/-, married and had issue.
- Raja Akhaisingh Ghorpade (qv)
- Raja AKHAISINGH GHORPADE,
8th Raja of Mudhol -/-, married and had issue.
- Raja Karansingh Ghorpade (qv)
- Shri Bhimsingh Ghorpade, died c1576.
- Raja KARANSINGH GHORPADE,
9th Raja of Mudhol -/1565, married and had issue. He
- Raja Cholaraj Ghorpade (qv)
- Raja CHOLARAJ GHORPADE,
10th Raja of Mudhol 1565/1578, received a mansab
foot, as well as 26 villages in Vijayanagar provinces and 40 more to
south of Shira, he married and had issue. He died 1578.
- Raja Piraji Ghorpade (qv)
- Shri Valabhasinh Cholaraj Ghorpade, ancestor of the Royal
- Shri Kanoji Cholaraj Ghorpade, ancestor of the Rajas of
- Raja PIRAJI GHORPADE,
11th Raja of Mudhol -/-, married and had issue.
- Raja Prataprao Ghorpade (qv)
- Raja PRATAPRAO GHORPADE
[Nahuji], 12th Raja of Mudhol -/1645, died 1645.
- Raja BAJIRAJE GHORPADE,
13th Raja of Mudhol 1645/ca1666, married and had issue, four wives and
six sons were killed about 1666. He was killed about 1666.
- Shrimant Raja Malojirao Ghorpade I (qv)
- Shri Shankroji Ghorpade [Jaisingh], died 1666/1667 near
- Shrimant Raja MALOJI
GHORPADE I, 14th Raja of Mudhol ca1666/1700, during his
rule, the jagir
became an independent state in 1670, married and had issue. He died
- Shrimant Raja Akhayajirao Malojirao Ghorpade (qv)
- Shrimant Raja AKHAYAJIRAO
MALOJIRAO GHORPADE, 15th Raja of Mudhol 1700/1734,
of Bijapur -/1734, married and had issue. He died 1734.
- Shrimant Raja Pirajirao Akhayajirao Ghorpade (qv)
- Shri Bajirao Akhayajirao Ghorpade
- Shrimant Raja PIRAJIRAO
AKHAYAJIRAO GHORPADE, 16th Raja of Mudhol 1734/-,
married and had
He died about 1738.
- Shrimant Raja Malojirao Pirajirao Ghorpade III (qv)
- Shrimant Sahib Shankrojirao Pirajirao Ghorpade, received
Bidri and Tikota.
- Several Generations
- Shrimant Raja Sankhraji of Bilgi, he died 9th August
1820 whereupon the jagir was resumed by the British government (#2).
- Shrimant Raja MALOJIRAO
PIRAJIRAO GHORPADE III, 17th Raja of Mudhol -/1805,
1738/-, married (a), a Rajput lady, married (b), another Rajput lady,
married (c), a lady
from Pole, married (d), a lady from Kathiawar, married (e), a Parmar
lady, and married (f), a
lady, and had issue. He died 1805.
- Shrimant Sahib Govindrao Raje Malojirao Ghorpade (by 1st
and had issue. He died about 1770.
- Shrimant Raja Narayanrao Gpvindrao Ghorpade (qv)
- Shrimant Sahib Maharrao Malojirao Ghorpade (by 1st wife)
- Shrimant Sahib Bajirao Malojirao Ghorpade (by 2nd wife)
- Shrimant Sahib Ranojirao Malojirao Ghorpade (by 3rd
wife), married and
had issue. He died 1779.
- Shrimant Sahib Nahirjirao Ranojirao Ghorpade, he was
the Jagir of
- Shrimant Raja NARAYANRAO
GOVINDRAO GHORPADE, 18th Raja of Mudhol 1805/1815,
married 1stly, a Solanki Rani (Senior Queen), married 2ndly, a Parmar
issue. He died 1815.
- Shrimant Raja Vyankatrao Narayanrao Ghorpade I (by 1st
- Shrimant Sahib Laxmanrao Ghorpade (by 1st wife), married
Rani Laxmi Bai Saheb, married and had issue. He died after 1845.
- Shrimant Sahib Narayanrao Ghorpade
- Shrimant Sahib Govindrao Ghorpade (by 2nd wife), eldest
son, though by
the Junior Queen, contested the succession unsuccessfully, died 1818 at
the Battle of Ashtee (#3).
- Shrimant Raja VYANKATRAO
NARAYANRAO GHORPADE I, 19th Raja of Mudhol 1815/1854,
married and had issue. He died 1854.
- Shrimant Raja Balwantrao Vyankatrao Ghorpade (qv)
- Shrimant Raja BALWANTRAO
VYANKATRAO GHORPADE, 20th Raja of Mudhol 1854/1862,
born 1843, married 1857, a daughter of the Chief of Torgal, and his
wife, Rani Ahilya Bai Sahib, and had issue. He died 1862.
- HH Shrimant Raja Meherban Vyankatrao Balwantrao Raje
Ghorpade [Bala Saheb] (qv)
- Rani Radhabai Sahib, born 1861, married Meherban Shrimant
Rajamanya Rajashri Jaisinhrao
Narayanrao [Abasaheb] Ghatge Sarjerao Vajarat-ma-ab,
4th Chief of Kagal-Senior, and had
issue. She died 1877.
- HH Shrimant Raja Meherban
VYANKATRAO BALWANTRAO RAJE
GHORPADE II [BALA
SAHEB], 21st Raja of Mudhol 1862/1900, born 9th April 1861,
succeeded 27th March 1862 (#1),
educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot; established a regular system of
in the State, married and had issue. He died 1900.
- HH Shrimant Raja Meherban Sir Malojirao Vyankatrao
Ghorpade IV [Nana Saheb] (qv)
- Rajkumar Laxman Singh, died after 1938.
Shrimant Raja Meherban Sir MALOJIRAO VYANKATRAO GHORPADE IV [NANA
SAHEB], 22nd Raja of Mudhol 1900/1937 (abdicated), born 1884,
K.C.I.E. [cr.1920], Hon. 2nd
Indian Army, served with the British Forces in Egypt 1914/1918; he was
granted the title of Raja as a hereditary distinction on 3rd June 1922;
1stly, a sister of Col. HH Maharaja Shri Sir Udajirao II Puar Bahadur
married 2ndly, a daughter of the Jadeja Giras family of Kathiawar, and
had issue, two sons and one daughter.
- HH Shrimant Raja Bhairavsinhrao Malojirao Ghorpade II (qv)
- HH Shrimant Raja
BHAIRAVSINHRAO MALOJIRAO GHORPADE II, 23rd and last Raja of
October 1929 and succeeded 9th November 1937 as the 23rd Raja of
married 1stly, Rani Pramila Raje of Rajkot, ?married 2ndly, Rani Indira
Raje, and had issue. He died 1984 in a car accident.
- Rajkumari Menaka Raje Bhonsle