|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: This
approximately 7,000 horsemen into the field. It
held territory between the Ravi and Sutlej rivers to the west of
Lahore, including Baharwal, Khem Karan and Khudian. Misldhars were…
- Chaudhry Hem Raj, married and had issue.
- Sardar Hira Singh (qv)
- Natha Singh, married and had issue.
- Sardar Nar Singh (qv)
- Sardar Ran Singh (qv)
- Gurbakhsh Singh
- Sardar Hira Singh,
1st Misldhar of Nakkai misl 1748/1767, born 1706, he took Amrit Sanchar
(Sikh Baptism) in 1731, about the middle of the 18th century,
at the time that the Sikhs grew powerful, he took possession of the
country, lying between Lahore and Gogaira, and it gave its name to his
family and to the misl which
he commanded, he captured Chunian from the Afghans, and joined the
Kanhaiyas and Bhangis in their attacks on the fading Mughal power;
married and had issue. He was killed in a battle for Pakpattan in 1767
and was cremated at Baharwal.
- Sardar Dal Singh, killed in 1790/1791.
- Sardar Nar Singh,
2nd Misldhar of Nakkai misl 1757/1768, he succeeded his uncle to the
of the misl. He was killed in
a fight at Kot Kumaliah in 1768.
- Sardar Ran Singh,
3rd Misldhar of Nakkai misl 1768/1781, he succeeded his brother to the
command of the misl, which
rose to some strength and importance, and it could raise 2,000 horsemen
with camel swivels and some guns, and afterwards they were able to hold
Chunian, part of the Kassur, Sharakpur and Gogaira parganas, and at one
time, Kot Kumaliah, the head-quarters of the Kharral tribe; married and
had issue. He died 1781.
- Sardar Bhagwan Singh (qv)
- Sardar Gyan Singh (qv)
- Sardar Khazan Singh, he was granted in compensation a
jagir at Nankot in 1810, married and had issue.
- Bibiji Raj Kaur, betrothed about 1784 and married
1798, Maharaja Ranjit Singh of Lahore,
and had issue.
- Bibiji Datar Kaur, married Maharaja Ranjit Singh, and had
- Sardar Bhagwan Singh,
Misldhar of Nakkai misl 1781/1789, he succeeded his father to the
command of the misl, but was
unable to hold on to the territory his father had acquired. He was
killed in a quarrel with Sardar Wazir Singh Syadwala in 1789.
- Sardar Gyan Singh,
5th Misldhar of Nakkai misl 1789/1807, he succeeded his brother to the
command of the misl, married
and had issue. He died 1807.
- Bibiji Ratan Kaur, married Sardar Ram Singh
- Sardar Khan Singh (qv)
- Bibiji Dya Kaur, married Sardar Amar Singh Veglia.
- Sardar Kahn Singh,
6th Misldhar of Nakkai misl 1807/1810, all his familiy’s possessions
were seized by Maharaja Ranjit Singh in 1810, who granted him in
compensation a jagir at Bahrwal, he was appointed a jagiri Magistrate
at Bahrwal in 1860, married and had issue.
- Hukum Singh
- Atar Singh, he joined the rebels at Multan in
1848, married and had issue.
- Bibiji Partab Kaur, married a son of Sardar
Fateh Singh Taragharia.
- Labh Singh
- Bibiji Mahtab Kaur, married Sardar Ganda Singh
- Lehna Singh
- Chattar Singh, married and had issue, three sons
and two daughters. He died 1857.
- Bibiji Isa Kaur, married Kanwar Nihal Singh, son of
Sardar Jaggat Singh Mann of Mogalchak.
- Bibiji Thakar Kaur, married Amar Singh, son of
Commandant Diwan Singh.
- Thakur Singh
- Partab Singh
- Ranjodh Singh, married and had issue.
- Sardar Isar Singh
- Bibiji (name unknown)
Kaur, betrothed to Sardar Amar Singh, Provincial Darbari and Zaildar
(see Nishanwalia misl)
- Sardar Ishar Singh Nakai, he converted to
Islam under the influence of a dancer, whom he eventually married and
- Sardar Muhammad Arif
Nakai Sandhu, M.L.A. (Punjab) 1985/1996 for four consecutive terms,
Minister for Revenue,
Minister for Forests, Minister for Livestock & Dairy Development
Department, Minister for Industries and Mineral Development, Chief
Minister of Punjab [13.9.1995] – [3.11.1996], married and had issue. He
1st March 2000 was buried
in his home village, Adhen.
- Sardar Muhammad Asif Nakai, born 28th August 1960 in
Kasur, educated at the University of the Punjab, Lahore (1983), Nazim,
Tehsil Council Pattoki 2001/2002, former Federal Minister
State for Housing and Works
- Sardar Pervaiz Hassan Nakai
- Sardar Atif Nakai, current
Tehsil Nazim of Pattoki Tehsil.
- Daughter, married Sardar Muhammad Talib Nakai