|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
Also known as the Zamindari Raj of Panchkot or Chakla Panchkot,
situated on the Western Frontiers of Bengal. It is said that the Raj
was founded about the year 81AD by Maharajadhiraj Sri Damodar Shekhur
Deo, a scion of the Rajput family of Maharaja Dhiraj Udayji Singh Deo
who reigned in Dhonagarh, in the North-West Provinces. Estate holders
- Raja BIR NARAIN SINGH Deo,
Raja of Panchkot, he was the commander of 300
horses for Padhshah Shahjehan of Delhi. He died 1632.
- Raja NILMONI SINGH Deo,
Raja of Panchkot, married and had issue. He died
- Rajkumar (name unknown), married and had issue. He
- Raja Bahadur Shri Jyoti Prasad Singh Deo (qv)
- Raja Bahadur Shri JYOTI
PRASAD SINGH Deo, Raja of Panchkot 1901/-, born 1881,
he was granted the title of Raja in June 1912 as a personal
distinction; married a daughter of Maharaja Krishna Chandra Bhanj Deo
of Mayurbhanj, and had
sons and at least five daughters.
- Raja Kalyani Prasad Singh Deo (qv)
- Rajkumar Rajkrishna Prasad Singh Deo, died
- Rajkumar Ajit Prasad Singh Deo, educated at
Rajkumar College, Raipur; he served as a
Minister in the Bihar Government in 1934, also a Minister in the
Government of West
Bengal, M.L.A. (West Bengal); married and
had issue, three sons and two daughters.
- Kumar Raj Rajeshwari Prasad Singh Deo,
- Kumar Jagadanandan Prasad Singh Deo,
married and has issue, two sons.
- Kumar Biswajit Prasad Singh Deo, married
- Kumar Debjit Prasad Singh Deo, married
to Kumari Namrata Kumari, daughter of Kunwar Dharmendra Singh Parihar
of Nagod, and his wife, Rajkumari
- Thatrani Soma Devi, married Thatraj Ranarnab Deb of Puri,
and has issue, one son.
- Kumar Bijoy Prasad Singh Deo, married and
- Kumar Kamakhya Prasad Singh Deo, married
and has issue.
- Kumari Sushmita Devi, married Kumar Rajiv Lochan
Deo of Dhenkanal.
- Rajkumari Sharda Devi, married Raja Audhendra Pratap Sahi
of Deara, U.P., and had issue.
- Rajkumari Brija Kumari,
fifth daughter, married Dewan
Bhagwati Pratap Singhji of Ramganj Taluq in Oudh, and had issue.
- Rajkumarani Kamlesh Kumari, married 8th March
1950, Rajkumar Rukmani Raman Braham of Agori-Barhar.
- Raja KALYANI PRASAD SINGH
Deo, Raja of Panchkot, married and had issue, two
sons and one daughter.
- Raja Sankari Prasad Singh Deo (qv)
- Rajkumar Jagdishwari Prasad Singh Deo,
married Rajmata Vidya Devi of Bandhi Talukdari in Madhya Pradesh, and
had issue, (Benaras, India).
Mamta Kumari, married Kumar Brajesh Singh of Shehdol in Rewa, and has
issue, two daughters.
- Kunwar Vikramaditya Prasad Singh Deo, married
Kunwarani Ishwari Raje Singh Deo, and has issue.
- Kunwar Jyotishwar Prasad Singh Deo
- Kunwar Kartikeya Prasad Singh Deo
- Kumari Jyotishwari Prasad Singh Deo
- Kunwar Udayaditya Prasad Singh Deo, married 8th March
1995, Kunwarani Dharini Kumari,
daughter of Thakore Saheb Ajitsinhji Vijaysinhji of Lodhika Junior, and has issue.
- Kunwar Prithviraj Prasad Singh Deo
- Kumari Rudrani Prasad Singh Deo
- Rajkumari Mahima Kumari, married Maharajkumar Vishvaraj
Singh, Yuvaraj Sahib of Udaipur, and
- Rajkumari Jayanti Kumari, died unmarried.
- Raja SANKARI PRASAD SINGH
Deo, Raja of Panchkot, married married 1stly,
Rani Durgesh Kumari from Tirwa, married 2ndly, Rani Soubhagyawati
and had issue, one son and one daughter.
- Raja Bhubaneshwari Prasad Singh Deo (by Rani Durgesh
- Rajkumari Maheswari Kumari (by Rani Durgesh Kumari),
- Raja BHUBANESWARI PRASAD
SINGH Deo, Raja of Panchkot, died unmarried.
- Kumar Sachindra Narayan Singh Deo, married Kumari
Gayatri Devi, daughter of Rajkumar Samarendra Pratap Singh Deo of Dhenkanal.