|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
The princely state was founded
in 1284 and the surname is derived from a village called Nimblak.
- Naik NIMBRAJ I NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1284/1291
- Naik Padakhala JAGDEVRAO
DHARPATRAO NIMBALKAR, 2nd Naik of Phaltan 1291/1327
- Naik NIMBRAJ II NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1327/1349
- Naik VANANG BHUPAL
NIMBALKAR, 4th Naik of Phaltan 1349/1374
- Naik VANANGPAL NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1390/1394
- Naik VANGOJI I NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1394/1409
- Naik MALOJI I NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1409/1420
- Naik BAJI I NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1420/1445
- Naik POWARRAO NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1445/1470
- Naik BAJI II NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1470/1512
- Naik MUDHOJI II NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1512/1527
- Naik BAJI DHARRAO NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1527/1560
- Naik MALOJI II NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1560/1570, married and had issue.
- Naik Vangoji II Jagpalrao Nimbalkar (qv)
- Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Dipa Bai,
Raja Maloji Bhonsle, Jagirdar of Pune, and had issue.
- Naik VANGOJI II JAGPALRAO
NIMBALKAR, 14th Naik of Phaltan 1570/1630
- Naik MUDHOJI II NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1630/1644, married and had issue.
- Naik Bajaji I Nimbalkar (qv)
- Maharani Sai Bai, married (as his first wife), Maharaja
I Rao Bhonsle of
Satara, and had issue. She died 6th June 1674.
- Naik BAJAJI I NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1644/1676, married and had issue.
- Mahadaji Naik Nimbalkar, married Shrimant Akhand
Soubhagyavati Sakhu Bai, daughter of
Shivaji I of Satara.
- Naik VANGOJI NIMBALKAR III,
Naik of Phaltan 1676/1693
- Naik JANOJI NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1693/1748
- Naik MUDHOJIRAO NIMBALKAR
III, 19th Naik of Phaltan 1748/1765
- Naik SAYAJIRAO NIMBALKAR,
Naik of Phaltan 1767/1774
- Naik MALOJIRAO NIMBALKAR
III, 21st Naik of Phaltan 1774/1777
- Naik JANRAO NIMBALKAR II,
Naik of Phaltan 1777/1827
- Naik BAJAJIRAO NIMBALKAR II,
Naik of Phaltan 1827/1841, married and had
adoptive issue. He died 1841.
- Raja Shrimant MUDHOJIRAO
JANRAO BAPU SAHEB NAIK NIMBALKAR
IV, 24th Raja of Phaltan
Naik Nimbalkar of Phaltan, born 5th November 1838, succeeded 7th
1841, installed 26th March 1860 (#1),
[cr.1911] (#2), married and had issue. He
- Major HH Raja Bahadur Shrimant Malojirao Mudhojirao Nana
Saheb Naik Nimbalkar
- Rajkumar Venkatrao Naik Nimbalkar
- Major HH Raja Bahadur
Shrimant MALOJIRAO MUDHOJIRAO NANA
IV, 25th Raja of Phaltan 1916/1978, born 11th September 1896 in
Nimbhore, succeeded 17th
1916, Raja Bahadur [cr.1946], K.C.I.E. [cr.1942], Raja [cr.1936], Major
, married 18th December 1923?, HH Rani Lakshmi Devi, born
died 1984, daughter of the Hon. Sardar Shambhusinghraje Jadhavrao
K.I.H. of Malegaon, and
had issue. He died 14th May 1978.
- Raja Shrimant Pratapsinh Malojirao Bapu Saheb Naik
- Rajkumar Vijaysinh alias Shivajiraje Malojirao Naik
married and had issue, three children. He died 8th November 2001.
- Rajkumar Udaysinhraje Malojirao Naik Nimbalkar, born 1927
- Rajkumar Vikramsinhraje Malojirao Naik Nimbalkar, born
- Rajkumari Sarojini Devi Akkasaheb Naik Nimbalkar, born
- PRATAPSINH MALOJIRAO
BAPUSAHEB NAIK NIMBALKAR, 26th Raja of Phaltan 1978/2004,
born 1923 and
succeeded 1978, married and had issue. He died 6th October 2004.
- Raja Bahadur Shrimant Ramraje Pratapsinh Naik Nimbalkar
- Raja Bahadur Shrimant
RAMRAJE PRATAPSINH NAIK NIMBALKAR, 27th Raja of Phaltan