|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
state of Sadri later Kanthal and still later Deolia was founded in 1433
by Rawat Khemkaran Singh, son of Maharana Mokal Singh of Mewar. The
- Rawat KHEMKARAN SINGH,
Rawat of Sagri and Kanthal 1433/1473, he was granted the Jagir
his own Kingdom of Kanthal, married four wives, and had issue, four
sons and one daughter. He died at the battle of Dadmipur circa 1473.
- Rawat Suraj Mal (qv)
- Kunwar Ranvir Singh
- Kunwar Shekhgar Singh
- Kunwar Raisal Singh
- Baisa Pep Kunwari
- Rawat SURAJ MAL,
Rawat of Kanthal 1473/1530, married 1stly, Rani Shrantgar Kunwari,
married 2ndly, Rani Takht Kunwari, married 3rdly, Rani Jadav Kunwari,
issue. Died 1530.
- Rawat Bagh Singh (by Shrantgar Kunwari) (qv)
- Kunwar Randhir Singh (by Shrantgar Kunwari)
- Kunwar Sahismal Singh (by Takht Kunwari), he was granted
Jagir of Dhamotar,
married and had issue.
- Kunwar Kamal Singh, died 18th June 1576 at Haldighati.
- Kunwar Ranmal Singh (by Takht Kunwari), he was granted
married and had issue. He died 1541.
- Thakur Sultan Singh of Kalyanpura.
- Kunwar Kaala Singh (by Jadav Kunwari)
- Kunwar Rajghar Singh (by Jadav Kunwari)
- Kunwar Jaagoji Singh (by Jadav Kunwari)
- Rawat BAGH SINGH,
Rawat of Kanthal 1530/1535, married five wives and had
He died 1535.
- Rawat Rai Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Jetmal Singh
- Kunwar Barmal Singh
- Kunwar Kanha Singh
- Kunwar Kanji Singh, he was granted the Jagirs of Ambirama
- Kunwar Manji Singh
- Ram Kunwari
- Shyam Kunwari
- Rawat RAI SINGH,
Rawat of Kanthal 1535/1552, married and had issue. He died
- Rawat Bikram Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Udaikaran Singh
- Kunwar Aaskaran Singh
- Kunwar Puranmal Singh
- Kishan Kunwari
- Rawat BIKRAM SINGH,
Rawat of Kanthal 1552/1561 and Deolia 1561/1564, born 1525, founded the
of Deolia in 1561,
to become Pratapgarh, married four wives and had issue. He died
- Rawat Tej Singh (qv)
- Rajkumar Surjan Singh, he was granted the Jagir of
married and had
- Thakur Ram Das of Raipur, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Man Singh of Manpura
- Kunwar Kan Singh of Kangarh
- Rajkumar Sardul Singh, he was granted the Jagirs of
- Rajkumar Kishan Das, he was granted the Jagir of Jhantla
- Rajkumari Kishan Kunwari
- Rajkumari Lal Kunwari
- Rawat TEJ SINGH,
6th Rawat of Deolia 1564/1593, married six wives and had issue.
He died 1593.
- Rawat Bhanu Singh (qv)
- Rawat Sinha Singh (qv)
- Rawat BHANU SINGH,
7th Rawat of Deolia 1593/1597, married Rani Bhagwati Kunwari,
Rao Narayandas of Idar. He died sp in 1597.
- Rawat SINHA SINGH,
8th Rawat of Deolia 1597/1627, married 13 wives and had
issue. He died
- Rawat Jashwant Singh (qv)
- Rajkumar Jaganath Singh
- Rajkumar Mahav Singh
- Rajkumari Sada Kunwari
- Rajkumari Raj Kunwari
- Rawat JASHWANT SINGH,
9th Rawat of Deolia 1627/1628, married eight wives,
Kunwari, and had issue. He died 1628.
- Maharawat Hari Singh (qv)
- Rajkumar Maha Singh
- Rajkumar Man Singh, he was granted the Jagir of Arnod.
- Rajkumar Kesari Singh, he was granted the Jagir of
- Rajkumar Udai Singh
- Rajkumari Rup Kunwari
- Rajkumari Suraj Kunwari
- Maharawat HARI SINGH,
10th Maharawat of Deolia 1628/1673, was granted the title of
Maharawat by the Mughal Emperor, married ten wives including (a)
Manbhavnade Hadi, (b) Maharani Jas Kunwari Jhali, (c) Maharani Anoop
Rathod from Medta, (d) Maharani Ajabkuveri Goad (committed sati),
(e) Maharani Anandkuveri Rathod (committed sati) and had issue.
He died 1673.
- Maharawat Pratap Singh (by Maharani
- Maharaj Amar Singh (by Maharani Jas Kunwari Jhali), he was
granted the Jagir of Sakthali.
- Maharaj Mokham Singh (by Maharani Anoop
Kunwari), he was granted the Jagir of
- Maharaj Madhav Singh (by Maharani Ajabkuveri Goad),
he was granted the Jagir of
- Maharaj Anand Singh (by Maharani Anandkuveri)
- Maharajkumari Kalyan Kunwari (by Maharani Anandkuveri),
married Kunwar (later Maharaja) Anup Singh
Rathore of Bikaner.
- Maharajkumari Sobhaya Kunwari (by Maharani Anandkuveri)
- Maharawat PRATAP SINGH,
11th Maharawat of Deolia 1673/1698 and Pratapgarh 1698/1708, founded
wives including (a) Maharani Prem Kunwari, daughter of Padam Singh of Bikaner,
(b) Maharani Dharma Kunwari Goad, daughter of Thakur Vithaldas of Ajmer
(c) Maharani Vijay Kunwari, daughter of Thakur Sabal Singh Kachhawa,
and had issue. He died 30th November 1708.
- Maharawat Prithvi Singh (qv)
- Maharaj Kirti Singh
- Maharaj Bhim Singh
- Maharaj Daulat Singh
- Maharaj Inder Singh
- Maharajkumari Bane Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Sobhagya Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Phool Kunwari
- Maharawat PRITHVI SINGH,
12th Maharawat of Pratapgarh 1708/1718, married 9 wives
Kunwari, daughter of Kunwar Padam Singh of Bikaner, and had issue. He
- Maharawat Pahar Singh (qv)
- Maharawat Umaid Singh (qv)
- Maharaj Padam Singh
- Maharaj Kalyan Singh
- Maharawat Gopal Singh (qv)
- Maharaj Guman Singh
- Maharajkumari Kalyan Kunwari
- Maharani Anoop Kunwari, married Maharaja Ajit Singh of Jodhpur.
- Maharajkumari Padam Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Ratan Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Suraj Kunwari
- Maharawat PAHAR SINGH,
13th Maharawat of Pratapgarh 1718/1718, married and had issue. He
- Maharawat Sangram Singh (aka Ram Singh) (qv)
- Maharawat SANGRAM SINGH,
14th Maharawat of Pratapgarh 1718/1719. He died 1719 sp.
- Maharawat UMAID SINGH,
15th Maharawat of Pratapgarh 1719/1721, married four wives
Kunwari, daughter of Thakur Kushal Singh Adjawat Kachhawa, and had
- Maharajkumari Amrut Kunwari
- Maharawat GOPAL SINGH,
16th Maharawat of Pratapgarh 1721/1756, married eleven wives and
- Maharaj Bakhtawar Singh
- Maharawat Salim Singh (qv)
- Maharaj Ratan Singh
- Maharaj Jait Singh
- Maharajkumari Suraj Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Ajan Kunwari
- Maharawat SALIM SINGH,
17th Maharawat of Pratapgarh 1756/1774 , married eleven wives
Kunwari, daughter of Thakur Lal Singh Rathod of Aamjhar, and had issue.
26th October 1774.
- Maharawat Sawant Singh (see below)
- Maharajkumar Rod Singh, died at a young age.
- Maharajkumar Vijay Singh, died at a young age.
- Maharajkumar Gaj Singh, died at a young age.
- Maharaj Lal Singhji, he was granted the Jagir of Arnod,
and had issue.
- Maharaj Arjun Singhji, Thakur Saheb of Arnod, married
- Maharaj Kushal Singhji, Thakur Saheb of Arnod, born
married a daughter of
Rao of Asind in Mewar, and had issue. He
- Kunwar Raghunath Singh, adopted by Maharawat Udai
Singh and succeeded as HH Maharawat Sir Raghunath Singhji Bahadur of
Pratapgarh (see below)
- Maharajkumar Mehtab Singh, died at a young age.
- Maharajkumari Maya Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Rup Kunwari
- Maharawat SAWANT SINGH,
18th Maharawat of Pratapgarh 1774/1844, born 5th October 1767,
including (a) Maharani Swaroop Kunwari, daughter of Maharaja Bahadur
of Kishangarh, married (b),
Maharani Daulat Kunwari, daughter of a Rathod Sardar
of Medhta, married (c), Maharani Gulab Kunwar, daughter of Thakur Tej
Sinhji of Namli in Ratlam,
married (d) Maharani Daulat Kunwar, daughter of Thakur Fateh Sinhji of Namli in Ratlam, and had issue.
died 5th January 1844.
- Yuvrani Pran Kunwari (by Swaroop Kunwari), married
Yuvaraj Shri Umaidsinhji Gambhirsinhji Sahib Bahadur of
- Rani Chiman Kunwari (by Daulat Kunwari Rathodji), married
Fatehsinhji Solanki of Lunawada.
- Maharaj Padam Singh
- Maharajkumar Dip Singh, married 1stly, Rani Raaj Kunwari,
Udaibhan Singh of Bhinai, married
2ndly, a lady from Fatehgarh in Kishangarh,
and had issue. He died 21st May 1826 (1823).
- Bhanwar Kesri Singh (by Rani Raaj Kunwari), born 8th
1808, he died sp under
mysterious circumstances in 1834 (#1).
- Maharawat Dalpat Singh (by 2nd wife) (qv)
- Maharani Pratap Kunwari (by 2nd wife), married 12th
Sardar Singh of Bikaner.
- Maharaj Sardar Singh
- Maharajkumari Ajab Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Chandan Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Takhat Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Ratan Kunwari
- Maharawat DALPAT SINGH,
19th Maharawat of Pratapgarh 1844/1864, born 26th November 1808,
Jashwant Singhji of Dungarpur in 1820, but wasn’t allowed to eventually
there in 1845. His own son died in 1845 and he therefore adopted Kanwar
of Sabli who became the next Maharawal of Dungarpur, married 1stly,
Daulat Kunwari of Namli in Ratlam, married 2ndly, Maharani Moti Kunwari
Kushalgarh, married 3rdly, Maharani Kesar Kunwari of Kushalgarh,
4thly, Maharani Kalyan Kunwari of Keranya in Bansda, and had issue. He
30th March 1864.
- HH Maharawat Udai Singh (qv)
- HH Maharawat UDAI SINGH,
20th Maharawat of Pratapgarh 1864/1890 , born 29th June 1848,
Swaroop Kunwari, daughter of Thakur Takhat Sinhji of Namli in Ratlam,
2ndly, HH Maharani Juhaar Kunwari, daughter of Raja Duleh Singhji, Raja
of Sailana, married 3rdly, HH
Kunwari, daughter of Raja Duleh Singhji, Raja of Sailana, and had
issue, as well
as an adopted son. He died
15th February 1890.
- Yuvraj Hamir Singh (by 1st wife), born 29th March 1865,
- Yuvraj Arjun Singh (by 2nd wife), born 1st March 1887,
- (A) HH Maharawat Sir Raghunath Singh Bahadur (qv)
- HH Maharawat Sir RAGHUNATH
SINGH Bahadur, 21st Maharawat of Pratapgarh 1890/1929, born
1858, adopted from Arnod on 4th May 1890 by HH Maharani Swaroop
[cr.1911], married 1stly, HH
Maharani Ugam Kunwari, daughter
the Thakur of Khawasa (Pisangan) in Ajmer, died 6th December 1891,
HH Maharani Kesar Kunwari, daughter of Maharaj Bhawani Singh of Semlia
in Sailana, died 28th April 1908,
3rdly, 20th February 1892, HH Maharani Vraj Kunwari (sister of the
wife), and had issue. He died 11th January 1929.
- Yuvraj Pratap Singh (by Maharani Ugam Kunwari), died 19th
- Yuvraj Man Singh (by Maharani Ugam Kunwari), born 13th
April 1886, married 1stly,
Yuvrani Chandra Kumari of Khetri,
married 2ndly, 13th October 1910,
Bhuvaneshwari Devi of Tehri-Garhwal,
died 9th August 1913, married
1913, Yuvrani Maya Kunwarba Sahiba of Dhrangadhra,
and had issue. He died 29th October 1918.
- HH Maharawat Sir Ram Singhji II Bahadur (qv)
- Rani Mohan Kumari, born 24th July 1911, married 2nd
Dr. Raghunath Singh of Sitamau.
- HH Maharani Vallabh Kunwari (by Maharani Ugam Kunwari),
married HH Maharaja Ganga
Singh of Bikaner.
She died 19th August 1906.
- HH Maharani Raj Kunwari (by Maharani Vraj Kunwari),
married 1909, HH Maharaja Dileep
Singhji of Sailana.
- Maharaj Goverdhan Singhji (by Maharani Vraj Kunwari), he
was granted the Jagir of Arnod on 4th
- HH Maharawat Sir RAM SINGH II Bahadur,
22nd Maharawat of Pratapgarh 1929/1949, born
12th April 1908,
K.C.S.I., married 1stly 14th May 1924, HH Maharani Raj Kunwari,
died 1929, daughter of Rao Raja Sir Madho Singhji Bahadur of Sikar,
married 2ndly, 20th April 1932, HH Maharani Meghraj Kumari, daughter of
Hon. Maharaja Bahadur Sir Keshav
Singh of Dumraon, married 3rdly, 6th
May 1934, HH Maharani Mahendra Kumari, daughter of Major HH Maharana
Shri Maharaja Shri Raj Sir Ghanshyamsinhji Ajitsinhji
Sahib Bahadur of Dhrangadhra,
and his third wife, HH Maharani Anand Kunwarba Sahiba, and had issue.
He died 9th January 1949.
- HH Rani Devendra Kumari, born 16th February 1925, married
Lakshman Singh of Chamba, and had
issue, three sons
and two daughters. She died 27th June 2004 at King Rashid Hospital in
cremated at Chamba.
- Maharajkumari Indira Kumari, born 19th April 1933,
married to Vasna
- Maharajkumari Urmila Kumari, born 4th August 1937,
married Maharajkumar Balram Singh
- Maharajkumari Kusum Kumari, born 17th July 1939, married
- Rani Kumud Kumari, born 17th July 1939, married Rao Sahib
Ju Deo of Bihat, and has issue.
- Maharajkumari Kanak Kumari, born 1940, married.
- Kaurani Ila Kumari, born 1942, married Kumar Shri Ranjit
Singh of Bilkha, and has issue.
- Maharaj Prakaram Singh, married Rani Bhanu Kumari,
daughter of HH Shri
Sawai Maharaja Sir Tej Singhji Dev Bahadur of Alwar.
- Maharaj Ranjit Singh, married Rani Subh Kumari, daughter
of Rawat Kuber
Singh of Dhula, and has issue, one
- Rajkumari Jyotsana Kumari
- Thakurani Yeshwant Kumari, born 23rd February 1938,
Singh of Badnore, and has issue.
- HH Maharawat Ambika Pratap Singh (qv)
- Maharani Maheshwari Devi, born 9th April 1941, married
HH Maharao Brijraj Singh of Kotah.
- Maharaj Durgapratapsinh, born 25th December 1945,
educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1963); married
1973, Rani Meenakshidevi from Dera Ismail Khan, born 20th February
died 10th February 2005, and has issue.
- Baijilal Rajkumari Ambikadevi, born 13th November 1975.
- Rajkumar Dhruvadityasinh, born 16th May 1979.
- HH Maharawat AMBIKA PRATAP
SINGH, 23rd Maharawat of Pratapgarh (see above)
The help of MS D.P.S. Sisodia is gratefully acknowledged,