|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
known as Taroul or Tiroul. The ancestor of the family was Babu Sujan
Shah, son of Raja Sangram Shah of Tiroul. Estate holders were…
- Raja Sukhram Singh, Raja of Jhusi, married and had issue.
- Raja Nivahan Singh, married and had issue.
- Raja Bir Sen, he was cursed by a Fakir and lost Jhusi
around 1359, married and had issue.
- Raja Lakhan Sen, founder of the Raj of Aror, married
and had issue.
- Raja Goharwar Deo of Aror.
- Babu Muluk Singh, becomes a Muslin convert and is
murdered soon afterwards.
- Raja Jai Singh, married and had issue.
- Babu Khan Deo, married and had issue.
- Babu Prithi Singh, married and had issue.
- Babu Lodh Singh, married and had issue.
- Babu Murar Singh
- Babu Sultan Singh, married and had issue.
- Babu Muniar Shah, married and had issue.
- Babu Ghatam Deo, married and had issue.
- Babu Sangram Shah, married and had
- Babu Sujan Shah, married and had
- Babu Ajit Singh of Taroul,
married and had issue.
- Babu Ramchandra, married and had
- Babu Lakshmi Narain, married and
- Babu Indra Dutt, had descendants in Nepal.
- Babu Suraj Dutt, had descendants at Sandi Pali.
- Babu PRATAP SINGH,
1st Babu of Pratapgarh 1628/1682, fixed his headquarters at
Rampur near old
town of Aror, there he built a fort (garh), naming it after
- Babu CHHATRADARI SINGH.
Babu of Pratapgarh fl.1722
- Babu (name unknown)
Singh, Raja of Pratapgarhmarried and had issue.
- Babu Abhiman Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Sarnam Singh, married and had issue.
- Babu ABHIMAN SINGH,
Babu of Pratapgarh, married and had issue. He died after
- Kunwar Bhairon Baksh Singh, father of four sons.
- Kunwar Audhan Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Bishnath Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Sitla Bakhsh Singh
- Kunwar Devamangal Singh
- Raja Ajit Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Sarabjit Singh
- Kunwar Umand Singh, father of two sons.
- Babu GULAB SINGH,
Babu of Pratapgarh fl.1857
- Raja AJIT SINGH,
Raja of Pratapgarh -/1889, Raja [cr. 1.1.1877] (#1),
married and had
issue. He died
- Kunwar Sukhdeo Singh, overlooked in the succession.
- Kunwar Jagdeo Singh, overlooked in the succession.
- Raja Bahadur Raja Pratap Bahadur Singh (qv)
- generation (vonnection
- Kunwar Jang Bahadur Singh, migrated to the Caribbean in
the early part of the 20th Century, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Harnanan Singh, married Dolly (Harnanan
and had issue.
- Kunwar Kunj Beharry Singh B.Sc., born 18th August
1960 in Trinidad and Tobago, B.Sc. in Industrrial Engineering and the
Technical Marketing Program at General Electric. President and CEO of
Cenosystems Incorporated in New York City, a consulting and advisory
- Raja Bahadur Raja PRATAP
BAHADUR SINGH, Raja of Pratapgarh 1889/1921, title of
in 1898, Vice President of the British Indian Association 1911/1918,
1stly (aged 9), a sister of Thakur Raghunath Singh of Isanpur, married
a daughter of the Taluqdar of Antu, married 3rdly, a daughter of the
of Antu (sister of the 2nd wife), married 4thly, a daughter of the
of Dhingwas, married 5thly, a niece of the Taluqdar of Antu (paternal
cousin of the 2nd and 3rd wives), and had issue. He died 1921.
- Kumari (name unknown),
married Yuvraj Dewakar Praksh Singh of Kasmanda.
- Raja Ajit Pratap Singh (qv)
- Rani Padmavati Devi, born 17th July 1918 in Pratapgarh,
Uttar Pradesh; married
Maj. Raja Bahadur Birendra Bahadur Singh of Khairagarh, and had issue.
- Raja AJIT PRATAP SINGH,
Raja of Pratapgarh 1921/2000, born 14th January
at Cambridge, Member of
Legislative Assembly 1946/1952 and 1967/1977, Cabinet Minister for
Forests, Sports, Tourism, Animal Husbandry, Jail, Civil Defence and
Homeguard for Uttar Pradesh 1969/1977, Member of the Rajya Sabha
1958/1962, Member of the 3rd and 7th Lok Sabha, Member of the Uttar
Pradesh Legislative Council 1985 (Bi-election) and 1988/1992, Minister
for Excise 1985, Minister for Excise and Forests -/1988, Deputy
Chairman of the State Planning Commission, Uttar Pradesh 1986/1988,
of the British India Association (Avadh) 1998/2000,
Secretary-cum-Manager for the Colvin Taluqdars’ College, LKO,
Lakshmi Devi, (possibly sister of
Raja Dinesh Singh of Kalakankar), and
issue, four sons and one daughter, married 2ndly, Rani Nikhat Devi, and
one son and four daughters. He died 6th January 2000 at Lucknow. (Raja
Ajit Pratap Singh Marg, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India)
- Raja Abhay Pratap Singh (by Rani
Lakshmi Devi) (qv)
- Rajkumar Akhil Pratap Singh (by Rani
Lakshmi Devi), fourth son, married and has issue.
- Kunwar Amaresh Pratap Singh, married Rajkumari
Gitanjali Devi, daughter of Raja Sarat Kumar Deb, Raja Saheb of Aul,
and his wife, Rani
Sushree Devi, and has issue, one son.
- Kumar Abhyuday Pratap Singh
- Rajkumar Ajai Pratap Singh (by Rani Nikhat Devi), married
and has issue.
- Raja ABHAY PRATAP SINGH,
Raja of Pratapgarh (see above)
- Kunwar Sachin Pratap Singh of Pratapgarh (UP)
Shobha Rani, married 1956, Thakur Bikram Singh of Pokhran, and has issue.
- Kunwar Abhay Pratap Singh [Bade Raja] of Pratapgarh (UP)
- Kunwar Akhilendra Pratap Singh