|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The
the family were possibly descended from the Parmars of
Ujjain and were originally rulers of a much larger province through
their capital at the fort of Aakhrani, located in the Saat Pura
mountain range on the Maharashtra-MP border. They were driven from
there, possibly by the Maratha
invaders, and made their way to Paratappur where they succeeded by
adoption. Rulers were….
- Rana ANANDSINHJI,
Rana of Pratappur, originally a Prince of Aakhrani, he
adopted by his childless maternal uncle, the Raja of Pratappur, whom he
eventually succeeded in the Pratappur Jagir.
- Rana JASWANTSINHJI,
- Rana GAMMELSINHJI,
Rana of Pratappur, married and had issue.
- Rana Gulabsinhji Gammelsinhji (qv)
- Kumari Shri Mahakuwas Devi, married Kuwar Shri Omkar
Singhji Rawal of Malpur.
- Rana GULABSINHJI
GAMMELSINHJI, Rana of Pratappur, married 1stly, Rani Nand Kuwar,
daughter of Kuwar Shri Daulat Singhji Rawal of Malpur, married 2ndly,
another daughter of Kuwar Shri Daulat Singhji Rawal of Malpur, and had
issue, five sons and six daughters.
- Rana Jaidevsinhji Gulabsinhji (by 2nd wife, but oldest
- Daughter1, married into the Chhota-Udaipur family.
- Daughter2, married Maharaj Champaksinhji of Rajpipla, and has issue.
- Daughter3, married into the Airal family.
- Daughter4, married 1928, Thakur Arjunsinhji of Aluva,
born 1908, and
- Daughter5, married into the Rohet
- Daughter6, married into the Mohkampura family in
- Rana JAIDEVSINHJI
GULABSINHJI, Rana of Pratappur, educated at Daly College,
Indore; married Rani Shri Vijay
Kunwarba Saheb, maternal niece of the Rani of Wadhwan, and had issue,
son and five daughters.
- Kumar Shri Kalikumarsinhji Jaidevsinhji (qv)
- Kumari Shri Chandrika Devi, married the Thakur of
Jawasia, a Rathore Thikana
in Madhya Pradesh.
- Kumari Shri Hansini Devi, married Rajkumar Shri
Durgeshchandrasinhji of Ganod.
- Kumari Shri Padmini Devi, married Kumar Shri
Vishwadeepsinhji Bahadursinhji of Lakhanka in
Bhavnagar, and has issue.
- Kumari Shri Jai Shakti Devi, married Rajkumar
- Kumari Shri Harinandini Devi, married Kumar Shri
Rameshchandrasinhji of Ganod.
- Rana KALIKUMARSINHJI
JAIDEVSINHJI, Rana of Pratappur, educated at Daly
College, Indore; married Shri Rani Harshakunverba Saheb of Lakhanka in
Bhavnagar, and had issue. He died 2004.
- Rana Yagyadevsinhji Kalikkumarsinhji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Shaktisinhji Kalikumarsinhji
- Rana YAGYADEVSINHJI
KALIKUMARSINHJI (see above)